List of Ripper movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Doctor X (the man with the cure)

Time After Time was on the list. Check the 1979 entry. I would have had to include it. It's one of my favorite Ripper movies. :-)
    Please let me know if there are some more movies I missed. I'm sure there are plenty.
    "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Damn! Sorry if I missed it!

--J.D.

Comment

It seems the movie "Ripper: Letter from Hell" (2001) had a sequal. It was called "Ripper 2: Letter from Within" (2004), and none of the people in the first movie were in the sequal. So, we're adding to the list.
        "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by BillyE View Post
          It seems the movie "Ripper: Letter from Hell" (2001) had a sequal. It was called "Ripper 2: Letter from Within" (2004), and none of the people in the first movie were in the sequal. So, we're adding to the list.
          Both were worthy of awards....at the Golden Rasberries!!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Ripper 2 actually wasn't too horrible. Just not any Ripper stuff in it, per se. There has never been a really good Ripper film. Now, if Tim Burton were to direct one...

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tim Burton would be great, score by Danny Elfman, but what kinda cast would we be looking at??

Derek Acorah has to be Robert Lee's, "Yes Sam, the killer lives at which house sam? What does that mean sam?"
              Regards Mike

Comment

Only problem with a Tim Burton "Jack the Ripper" movie is Johnny Depp has already made a JtR movie. ;-)

Comment

Does anyone know anything about a movie on IMDb entitled Ripped that is set for a 2011 release? I don't have IMDb Pro so I can't get any more information on the film. It's probably got nothing to do with JtR but, because of the title, I wanted to check if anybody would know for sure.
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I found out a little bit about the 2011 movie "Ripped". It's about the notorious Sun Gym Gang in Miami. Here's a web site that tells about this gang: http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1999-12...in-gain-part-2 . But it doesn't have anything to do with JtR, so will not be added to the list.

Comment

Hi Billy,

Thanks for clearing that up.
                      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi all,
                        I sat down to watch TV last night and saw there was a tv mini series "Friday the 13th" series 1, Episode 7 had a gentleman who had somehow gotten hold of JTR's scalpel!

Seriously, the scalpel was only a very short thing, and it was hilarious when the killer ripped through a metal fence!!

I turned off at that point!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Hi, Mike. Did you catch the episode name? I'll read up on it to see if it should be added to my list. I'll try to find it, but an episode title will go a long way to finding it. Thanks.

Comment

Okay, found the episode. It's called "Doctor Jack" and was first broadcast on Nov. 9, 1987. I think they chose that date for a reason.

Comment

Okay, what do you all think? Does this have the makings of a book? Would there be any interest in a book about movies and tv shows about Jack the Ripper? All other areas on the subject seems to be blanketed with books. I don't know of any books just about the movies and tv episodes based on the Ripper. Is it something I should work on?

Comment

Hi BillyE,

I use "Jack the Ripper - The Murderer and the Movies" by Denis Meikele, which is an awsome companion. It has loads of expertly written reviews and some stonning behind the scenes and publicity shots.

It was available via Amazon, and I picked mine up just a month or two ago for quite a decent price.

Another little addition is of course the !Jack the Ripper Encyclopedia" by John J Eddleston. This has a chapter devoted to JTR in film and TV, both foreign and domestic.

Some of the inclusions are quite dubious but it's a simple rough guide!
                                Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X