Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new BBC One documentary about one of the most infamous serial killers of all time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I didn’t know there was a new ripper opera. I like a bit of opera but I have to admit to also being a heavy metal fan. It’s certainly surprising that no heavy metal band has yet done a ripper concept album.

There have been individual songs though.

https://youtu.be/lriWlHZAy8A
    How did I just know it would be this song.
    As to the documentary, I found it too surface level and glossed over facts to quickly. But guess it was only a 1 hour show.

Comment

Having thought about it I was unfair saying it was crap i think it should have been a 2 parter as the suspect was announced about 5 mins from the end! Suspects did need to be discussed more as well they never mentioned at all anderson,Swanson or Mcnaughten. There were some interesting things like the Holmes computer and geo profiling

Comment

Originally posted by Tonylondon View Post
        Having thought about it I was unfair saying it was crap
        Having just watched the docu, I am not all that upset about it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I haven’t gotten around to seeing this one yet but a friend of mine says that it’s better than the one that’s the subject of the thread. I don’t know if anyone else has seen it?

This is part one. The other parts are available too.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tonylondon View Post
            Having thought about it I was unfair saying it was crap i think it should have been a 2 parter as the suspect was announced about 5 mins from the end! Suspects did need to be discussed more as well they never mentioned at all anderson,Swanson or Mcnaughten. There were some interesting things like the Holmes computer and geo profiling
            I don’t think you were unfair at all Tony. It was a regurgitation. Same old. I was impressed by that digital anatomy table (or whatever it was called)
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

>I was impressed by that digital anatomy table...<<

Yes indeed, but all they did with it was to draw red lines on it, which anyone could have done with pen and paper!
              Which pretty much sums up the doco for me.
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

I thought this was dreadfully pompous. “”This cold case has been blown out of the water now...”” oh please!

The leaps of logic and assumption were quite bizarre: geo-profiling based on where the murders took place failed to consider that the murder sites in this case were determined wholly by where the women were soliciting, not where the killer chose to strike. Nothing can be gleaned about the killer’’s base from the fact he struck at Millet’s Court. Also, no mention was made of the piece of clothing found in Goulston St, presumably a clue to his route home?

And wasn’t Mary Kelly moved away from the wall simply because the killer was left handed?

Comment

Originally posted by Writerboy View Post
                  Nothing can be gleaned about the killer’’s base from the fact he struck at Millet’s Court.
                  Millet's Court? A seedy place if ever there was one
                  Also, no mention was made of the piece of clothing found in Goulston St, presumably a clue to his route home?
                  Yup. There were quite a few missed opportunities in this documentary, it seems.
                  And wasn’t Mary Kelly moved away from the wall simply because the killer was left handed?
                  I think it's more indicative of the fact that the killer "operated" on both sides of her face and body. Whether he was left or right handed, it would have been easier to do so after moving the body to the middle of the mattress; if he'd left her precisely where she was when he cut her throat he'd have needed to lean awkwardly over the bed.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                    >I was impressed by that digital anatomy table...<<

Yes indeed, but all they did with it was to draw red lines on it, which anyone could have done with pen and paper!
                    Which pretty much sums up the doco for me.
                    True.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• I lost heart when the presenter said Eddowes was the first victim to have an organ removed.

Comment

Working...
                      X