Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 65: From Our Own Correspondents: Demolition in Whitechapel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 65: From Our Own Correspondents: Demolition in Whitechapel!

Thread for discussion of Episode 65 of Rippercast-

From Our Own Correspondents: Demolition in Whitechapel!

Listen in as Rippercast's intrepid correspondents Jon Rees and Trevor Bond venture into the East End of London to provide us with on location reportage concerning the redevelopment of several Jack the Ripper related murder sites.

Available now to stream or download here:

Or subscribe via the podcast section in the iTunes Music Store.

Thanks for listening!

JM

Thread for photographs taken to accompany this episode can be found here:

A Jack the Ripper podcast devoted to discussing all aspects of the Jack the Ripper crimes and times.

JM

Comment

Enjoyed the photographs. Any word on what they intend to build in place of the old brick houses and factories?
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Enjoyed the photographs. Any word on what they intend to build in place of the old brick houses and factories?
        Mostly offices.

Comment

Offices in the case of Mitre Square and Dorset/ Duval St, an extended Whitechapel station to accommodate Cross rail and various underground tunnels, shafts etc for the same in the case of Durward St. I should point out that it's only in the case of the former that anything Victorian has come down this time, in the others that happened some time ago.

Comment

Time marches on, I suppose. Whether it brings progress is a matter of opinion. Denver "gentrified" its old industrial areas of downtown years ago, putting up expensive apartment buildings and fancy offices.
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Here's an article giving one point of view on the topic:

Comment

Anyone having problems d/loading this in iTunes? I can't. I updated iTunes last night ..that's the only thing that's changed since last episode

Comment

I believe the problem is on iTunes' end as tons of people are experiencing problems on their computers and phones. It shows up (obviously) and the show streams fine on the iTunes.com site so they have pinged the podcast. In the mean time, you can download the episode by right clicking here:

I'll keep checking in, hopefully they'll have it resolved soon.

JM

Comment

Thanks for the link Jonathan, I'll use that instead. Still no luck with iTunes

Comment

Had issues downloading today from iTunes, FYI.
                      "Humour is seriously wasted on this site."

-- Soothy

Comment

Thanks. I discovered the problem. As soon as I can break into Casebook's server and fix it, it should be back up and running. I'll post here again when repairs are complete.

JM

Comment

I believe I fixed the issue but it may take a while for iTunes to update with the new file.

And whoever left the one star review because of this technical problem- thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm glad that all of the Rippercast's participants hard work was considered and appreciated.

JM

Comment

Working...
                          X