Rippercast with Neil Bell -Capturing Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rippercast with Neil Bell -Capturing Jack the Ripper

We are currently planning to record a podcast with Neil Bell discussing his book "Capturing Jack the Ripper".

If you have any questions that you would like to see asked please send a Private Message to me by this Friday or you can email your question to
    ally (at) casebook.org.

Thanks!

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

I have one,

Whats my fee?

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Ya gets to keep the use of both yer legs there matey.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Dear Ally,

I've not had the opportunity to read the book yet, but I still have a few questions. Is that OK?

JM

Comment

Pfft. You've got days! Get to reading!

But yes of course.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Rippercast is pleased to announce that after numerous issues of every nature possible, the Rippercast episode featuring Neil Bell's new book Capturing Jack the Ripper has finally been uploaded. We hope you enjoy it.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Great job everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Wonderful hearing Rob again who, along with Mark, threw out some great questions. Ally assembled an excellent panel and the guest Mr. Bell was as always most informed. I'm actually glad I sat this one out since from the beginning, the idea of a Jack the Ripper podcast was having one that I can listen to, not necessarily participate in.

Now I can plan my retirement party.

All the best,

JM

Comment

Er... no, you are not retiring. I am pretty sure this one broke me. You get the next one.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Enjoyed it. Great questions asked. And some surprisingly new information... like learning that during the WM investigation the Met and City police shared emails. Might explain some of the missing files if they had the same server as Hillary Clinton.
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

They also Tweeted.

Monty
                    Monty

Comment

Ally wandering off without warning and RJM immediately picking up the hosting slack. My favorite moments. So proud of my kids.

JM

Comment

Maybe she was looking for her "damned copy" of the book.:

All kidding aside, Robert's question and Neil's response concerning the procedure involved when a body is found and how even that evolved during the course of these murders was very helpful and one aspect little discussed... let alone understood.
                        Best Wishes,
                        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Goes against the myth of a bumbling, solely re-active police force.

It would have been interesting to see if the four whistle blast system would have worked. However, fortunately, we shall never know.

Monty
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                            All kidding aside, Robert's question and Neil's response concerning the procedure involved when a body is found and how even that evolved during the course of these murders was very helpful and one aspect little discussed... let alone understood.
                            A reason why republishing Sir Howard Vincent's Police Code 1889 will be such a useful book for us.

Which brings up a question I have for Monty- as a share of the proceeds from the sale of the Police Code will go to, like the original, the orphan's fund, did Met Police officers have to purchase their copies themselves or were they provided to them? And if provided to officers free of charge, this must mean that it was available for the general public to purchase? Who would have purchased such a book in 1889 if I'm correct in thinking they were given free to the bobbies?

JM

Comment

Who's this Neil Bell bloke why didn't you get Monty to talk about policing, he seems to know a bit about it.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X