The Maybrick Murder and The Diary of Jack the Ripper Book Launch Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Maybrick Murder and The Diary of Jack the Ripper Book Launch Event

This is the first of two talks given by author Chris Jones at the book launch event for The Maybrick Murder and the Diary of Jack the Ripper.

Talk One: The Maybrick Murder

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mbooklaunch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	796474

Available now at the following link:

Also on Spotify, Apple & Google podcasts, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, and wherever James Maybrick related podcast presentations can be found.

Thank you to Chris Jones and James Johnston for making the release of this talk possible.

And thank you for listening.

JM
    Last edited by jmenges; 09-27-2022, 11:52 PM.

The second of two talks given by author Chris Jones at the book launch event for The Maybrick Murder and the Diary of Jack the Ripper.

Talk Two: The Diary of Jack the Ripper

http://www.rippercast.com/mp3/Chris_...the_Ripper.mp3

Also on Spotify, Apple & Google podcasts, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, and wherever James Maybrick related podcast presentations can be found.

Thank you to Chris Jones and James Johnston for making the release of this talk possible.

JM

Comment

The third and final talk we will be releasing from The Maybrick Murder and the Diary of Jack the Ripper Book Launch event.

Adam Wood: Two Trials - 1887 and 1889

Also on Spotify, Apple & Google podcasts, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, and wherever James Maybrick or Isreal Lipski related podcast presentations can be found.

Thank you to Adam Wood and James Johnston for making the release of this talk possible.

JM

Comment

The second talk (and the most important in my opinion) was very hard to understand. Chris talked very fast. As an American, I found it difficult to comprehend a lot of the talk.

Comment

We'll be interviewing Chris Jones and Dan Dolgin for the Casebook conference, hope he's easier for you to understand then.
          (Although I didn't have a problem understanding him.)
          Maybe if there's a demand I can prepare a transcript.
          Also, read the book and it might be easier to follow his arguments as its very much the same.

JM

Comment

You know, I requested a complimentary copy, but haven't received a response. Maybe I'll hit up his co-author.

Comment

I was hoping you'd be successful this time.
              Try try again.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                The second talk (and the most important in my opinion) was very hard to understand. Chris talked very fast. As an American, I found it difficult to comprehend a lot of the talk.
                You clearly need to watch more BritBox, Scott. Chris Jones is easy to understand.

Comment

I have only listened to the second talk on the Diary of Jack the Ripper, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was hoping to come across something that satisfied me on the topic of the Maybrick Diary and this was it! Looking forward to getting a copy of Chris Jones' book. I must have watched enough BritBox or other such platform, I was able to follow Chris pretty well.

Comment

I meant to ask Chris Jones about the status of James Johnston’s documentary, seeing that James was scheduled to speak at the book launch, but it slipped my mind. Did James give any indication when this might appear?

Comment

Hi Roger,
                      I asked James this question and he said the anticipated release date is still underwraps. James’ presentation at the book launch entailed showing various interview clips from the upcoming documentary, and it’s moving forward.

JM

Comment

Chris’s accent is difficult at times. I doubt anyone who didn’t already know of it would have got ‘Muck Midden’ for instance. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                          Hi Roger,
                          I asked James this question and he said the anticipated release date is still underwraps. James’ presentation at the book launch entailed showing various interview clips from the upcoming documentary, and it’s moving forward.

JM
                          Thanks, Jon.

Comment

Working...
                          X