Paul Begg: Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Yeah, from what I was seeing online, it looked a bit out of my price range, even if a copy could be sourced.

Oh well, back to the drawing board....
    I live in hope of a charity shop find.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I live in hope of a charity shop find.
      It sounds like it was a very small print run, so that would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Still, you never know (and mooching round charity shops is always good fun anyway!)

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post

No reason.

Most all of the episodes you hear are converted from lossless aiff to mp3 and at some point I changed the settings from 128kbps (64kbps mono) to 320kbps (160kbps mono) between converting the two episodes - probably doing something else- and I forgot and didn't notice.

JM
        Thanks Jonathan.
        I want to add, it wasn't a complaint so I hope you didn't take it as such.
        These are not clues, Fred.
        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
        We will not.

Comment

Really enjoyed both episodes! Thanks all. It has encouraged me to re listento some of the old episodes. Brilliant stuff. It's a real shame Chris Scott is no longer with us, he is such a character.
          Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
            Really enjoyed both episodes! Thanks all. It has encouraged me to re listento some of the old episodes. Brilliant stuff. It's a real shame Chris Scott is no longer with us, he is such a character.
            Yes, I agree. I sometimes think I was hugely fortunate to have become involved in the 'Ripperverse' - to add another horrible word to our vocabulary - when I did. There was so much we didn't know, so much scope to make discoveries, and a lots of exciting things like the digitising of newspapers and genealogical databases we could search from home and that promised more discoveries. People like Debs and Chris Scott, websites like this and JTRForums, the creation of magazines like Ripperana, clubs like the Whitechapel Society, and conferences. And, of course, Rippercast. All the stuff we take for granted now. And the people I was lucky enough to have met who are no longer with us: Tom Cullen, Dan Farson, Colin Wilson, Paul Feldman, Martin Fido...

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post

Yes, I agree. I sometimes think I was hugely fortunate to have become involved in the 'Ripperverse' - to add another horrible word to our vocabulary - when I did. There was so much we didn't know, so much scope to make discoveries, and a lots of exciting things like the digitising of newspapers and genealogical databases we could search from home and that promised more discoveries. People like Debs and Chris Scott, websites like this and JTRForums, the creation of magazines like Ripperana, clubs like the Whitechapel Society, and conferences. And, of course, Rippercast. All the stuff we take for granted now. And the people I was lucky enough to have met who are no longer with us: Tom Cullen, Dan Farson, Colin Wilson, Paul Feldman, Martin Fido...
              So very true! Thanks for all have done and continue to do. It is most appriciated.
              Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

I want to complement all involved in the Rippercast podcasts, especially the recent Paul Begg episodes. A second listening was required for each, just to catch the names and books referenced by Mr. Begg and others during the episodes. (I find that taking notes while driving borders on ill-advised.) Another thing about these podcasts in particular, but the majority of Rippercasts is the collegiality that is shared among the participants, which make the 'casts all the more enjoyable.

Thanks, All!

Comment

Originally posted by RManny View Post
                  I want to complement all involved in the Rippercast podcasts, especially the recent Paul Begg episodes. A second listening was required for each, just to catch the names and books referenced by Mr. Begg and others during the episodes. (I find that taking notes while driving borders on ill-advised.) Another thing about these podcasts in particular, but the majority of Rippercasts is the collegiality that is shared among the participants, which make the 'casts all the more enjoyable.

Thanks, All!

Thank you for the great review RManny.

All the best,

JM
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                  X