X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy
    replied
    Thanks Paul and Jonathan.
    Any reason for the difference in the 2 mp3 bitrates? Part 1 is 64kbps. Part 2 is 160kbps. I downloaded both the same way. In Firefox right-click the "clicking here" links and using "Save Link As...".

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    Paul,

Could Rumbelow's knife be Coram's knife?

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I’m still annoyed with myself for not getting the McLaughlin book when it came out. I’m pretty sure that it costs a fortune these days when available. I just looked on the price check site that I use and there isn’t one on sale at the moment. I was surprised at how many newish ripper books there are for sale that I’ve never heard of though. I resisted the temptation to buy James Munro Hunts The Ghost Of Jack The Ripper or Absinthe Jack. Or even a JTR colouring book which I don’t recall Paul reviewing.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulB View Post
    I much admire Robert's book, which is the sort of book with what at the time had (and may still have) insufficient popular appeal to interest a mainstream publisher, but which I hoped would be the sort of title print-on-demand and ebooks might have encouraged others to write. On the podcast, I was about to name it when, as increasingly happens these days, both the book title and Robert's name flew from my mind and vanished. Robert is one of those people who we don't see around the message boards anymore, which is a great pity.
    Thanks Paul!

This book sounds really interesting, but it had completely passed me by.

In London, my artist / film-maker friend and I had bounced around a couple of ideas for collaborating on "something" (dissertation? / book? / short film?) relating to some of the contemporary ripper imagery.

It would likely be more from an "art" perspective than an "historical" one.

I was a little bit gutted when a couple of minutes before the end of the podcast you mentioned that a book about the crime scene photography already exists!!!!

I need to check it out to see if this scuppers our plans..!

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    I'm pleased you found the podcast interesting and I'm grateful to Jonathan for having done it.

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    I much admire Robert's book, which is the sort of book with what at the time had (and may still have) insufficient popular appeal to interest a mainstream publisher, but which I hoped would be the sort of title print-on-demand and ebooks might have encouraged others to write. On the podcast, I was about to name it when, as increasingly happens these days, both the book title and Robert's name flew from my mind and vanished. Robert is one of those people who we don't see around the message boards anymore, which is a great pity.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    He was referring to Robert McLaughlin’s book The First Jack The Ripper Victim Photographs.

JM
    Thanks for that, Jon

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    He was referring to Robert McLaughlin’s book The First Jack The Ripper Victim Photographs.

JM

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    A really interesting discussion.

Great podcast!

Around the 1 hour mark of the second episode Paul mentions a recent book about the mortuary photography.

Does anybody know the title / author of this?

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Another cracker! I didn’t want it to finish.

I’m not really into the diary, but I was fascinated by Paul’s anecdotes about Mike Barrett. When he spoke about Feldman parking his Porsche in Goldie Street, I thought he was going tell us how when they left the house they found all the hubcaps had been nicked. (Apologies to Scousers everywhere.)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...types-16600946

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulB View Post

I think I'd prefer Dwayne Johnson. We have a lot in common, the looks, the bod, the athleticism... It would be almost perfect casting.

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Rippercast II: The Return Of Begg

”This time it’s personal.”

Sylvester Stallone reprises his role as Ripperologist Paul Begg.
    I think I'd prefer Dwayne Johnson. We have a lot in common, the looks, the bod, the athleticism... It would be almost perfect casting.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Rippercast II: The Return Of Begg

”This time it’s personal.”

Sylvester Stallone reprises his role as Ripperologist Paul Begg.

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Part Two

Click image for larger version  Name:	983d3f87-b960-46da-bfbe-8f6aeac50ea5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.2 KB ID:	778856

Available to stream or download now from the following link:

Also in Spotify, Apple & Google Podcasts, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, and wherever podcasts focusing on Ripperology can be found.

Thank you for listening!

JM

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I asked Halle but I won’t tell you what she said.
    #readthebibliographyHallie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X