Inside Bucks Row: An interview with Steve Blomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Maybe we should all state our political stances before we make a post out here? That would enable us to sift the unwanted ones away.
    I'm a member of the People's Front of Judea. Recently left the Judean People's Front.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

as you know my thoughts on it are that more than likely it was a simple misunderstanding along the lines of lech saying something like youre needed in bucks row, and when mizen got there, and a PC already being there, just misremembered.

second most likely, that lech lied, maybe to not wanting to be delayed any longer.

and third (least likely IMHO) that mizen lied to save his arse.

but would like to know your reasoning in a nutshell on this?
      What happened to the very real possibility that Lechmere lied in order to fool the police after having killed Nichols...?

Comment

Thanks Fish.
        You're welcome to come on the show at any time.

JM

Comment

Yes, I understand that you are suggesting that Edwards motivation. for criticizing the podcast lies in what you cal hatred towards you. The problem is, as far as I understand, that such accusations must be underpinned by more than a hunch, otherwise they are likely to look like paranoia. And that was never gonna be a becoming thing for a podcast runner. I trust you can see that,

In private conversations with Edward - long before the political issue surfaced - I have been given to understand that the controversy between the two of you has another instigation. But I am not part of whatever quibble you enjoy on your spare time!

I am just as fully aware that you did not call me a white supremacist, and why would you? I clearly stated that I am not any right wing voter (nor have I ever been so) and that I am by and large not very politically interested. It IS however interesting that the question should surface at all - where is the link between political convictions and the support for Lechmere, I wonder? I find that a deeply rooted wish to couple Edwards political stance and/or background to his work on Lechmere is very close at hand, as demonstrated to a degree by you, by Caz (not proven, but we seem to agree on it) and Monty on the boards.

You are, I believe, an American? May I be so bold as to remind you that America put an effective end to the second world war by enlisting a nazi and former SS officer, Werner von Braun, who engineered the atom bomb the was dropped on Hiroshima. Now, what must be kept apart is the political stance of von Braun and the aim of the bomb - to put a stop to the war.

Once more: political convictions are NOT any obstacle to being a great researcher and ingenious theorist. I really wish that we can stop any movement to nullify that truth out here from rearing its ugly head out here! If you can take Edwards theory apart by means of factual knowledge and research, then do so, If you cannot, please respect the value of the research done.

So you see, I do not fail to understand anything at all, but for the possible intentions to deny Edward Stow the right to be judged as an equal in terms of research and knowledge. Nor do I purposefully misunderstand anything.

I hope that is very clear by now.
          hi fish
          not that its here nor there but Von Braun helped us with our rocket/space program after the war, not on the atom bomb, which was developed mainly by American scientists.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I just wanted to say that I was delighted by this podcast because I was one of those people who saw the documentary and thought it had finally been cracked. I mean, after all, he was seen hunched over the body, he suspiciously lied to Mizen, and he tried to keep Paul from talking. That all sounds very damning... I also got the distinct impression that all this information was lifted straight from the inquiry.

It was useful to learn that, at best, everything I took away from the documentary was debatable, and mostly it was just wrong.

Reading the debate here, I'm confused by the nature of some of the criticism. Whether the Sgt. was on a round, a beat, a walk, a route, a trajectory, a perambulation, a path, a way, a jog, a saunter, or a poke about, the fact remains that we don't know where he was at the time. That's the impression I got from the podcast, that's the impression I got now. Does it cast any light on what happened that night? Does a round make it more likely that Lechmere was the killer?

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi fish
              not that its here nor there but Von Braun helped us with our rocket/space program after the war, not on the atom bomb, which was developed mainly by American scientists.
              True - I confused him with Oppenheimer! Oh, well - at least von Braun WAS a nazi and a former SS man enlisted by the US, NOT because he was once a fascist but because he knew his stuff.

Thanks for helping out!
              Last edited by Fisherman; 08-08-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCuriousCat View Post
                I just wanted to say that I was delighted by this podcast because I was one of those people who saw the documentary and thought it had finally been cracked. I mean, after all, he was seen hunched over the body, he suspiciously lied to Mizen, and he tried to keep Paul from talking. That all sounds very damning... I also got the distinct impression that all this information was lifted straight from the inquiry.

It was useful to learn that, at best, everything I took away from the documentary was debatable, and mostly it was just wrong.

Reading the debate here, I'm confused by the nature of some of the criticism. Whether the Sgt. was on a round, a beat, a walk, a route, a trajectory, a perambulation, a path, a way, a jog, a saunter, or a poke about, the fact remains that we don't know where he was at the time. That's the impression I got from the podcast, that's the impression I got now. Does it cast any light on what happened that night? Does a round make it more likely that Lechmere was the killer?

​​​​​​
                I could take you up on that.

Then again, I could resist the temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                  Thanks Fish.
                  You're welcome to come on the show at any time.

JM
                  Thanks, but you really should invite Edward instead...

Comment

Whether the Sgt. was on a round, a beat, a walk, a route, a trajectory, a perambulation, a path, a way, a jog, a saunter, or a poke about...
                    I'd say "promenade", but then I'm pretentious
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I could take you up on that.

Then again, I could resist the temptation.
                      If you think the beat/round distinction is important to understanding what happened that night, I would be more than happy to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

I'd say "promenade", but then I'm pretentious
                        Darn it! I knew I missed a good one!

Comment

What happened to the very real possibility that Lechmere lied in order to fool the police after having killed Nichols...?

It's included in the book,
                          I give 5 possible explanations for the apparent discrepancy.
                          While i favour one, just as you do, I say it's for the reader to decide which they prefer

Steve

Comment

If you think the beat/round distinction is important to understanding what happened that night, I would be more than happy to hear it.
                            If you read the entire thread, you will have your answer. I'm done with the subject for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

It's included in the book,
                              I give 5 possible explanations for the apparent discrepancy.
                              While i favour one, just as you do, I say it's for the reader to decide which they prefer

Steve
                              I was actually asking Abby, who left out the true reason...

Comment

I was actually asking Abby, who left out the true reason...
                                Well no harm in saying it's included

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X