Rippercast Audio Archives: The Maybrick Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tristan,

I'm glad you're enjoying the show and thanks for the compliment.
    The support is appreciated.

JM

Comment

'Coming Soon' Video Trailer for the 10 April 1999 meeting of the Cloak and Dagger Club featuring a two-hour conversation hosted by Keith Skinner with Michael Barrett.

Available to download now from the following link:

Or stream from your browser window at this link:

http://www.rippercast.com/mp3/Barret...er_podcast.mp4

Click image for larger version  Name:	cf846283-dd9c-40dd-9dc7-1fa192886dc1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	727062

Click image for larger version  Name:	43304136-7d04-49d6-ae86-421a6319eac9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	727063

Click image for larger version  Name:	2c114d13-da6d-4916-81d1-46e3d0a2632b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	727064

Video footage courtesy of Adrian Morris.

Also in your Rippercast podcast feed for podcast apps supporting video podcasts.

Thank you for watching, and stay tuned for the full mp3 audio release.

JM
      Last edited by jmenges; 11-11-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Nah, I think I'll give this one a miss.

Not.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Mike was clearly intoxicated in that trailer. Also I find it odd he focuses on Anne rather than giving more detail on how he allegedly forged it. He comes across incredibly angry and bitter. I sense he is a man who feels he has been deceived and laughed at so to take control of the situation he tries to claim he was the deceptor - and he had the last laugh all along.

I don’t buy that this man was the man that wrote the Maybrick document - or even dictated it. I don’t believe his trouble with alcohol came after the release of the diary but it certainly made his paranoia much worse.
          Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
          JayHartley.com

Comment

I can't recall, Caroline is his daughter isn't it?

If anybody is wondering why I'm asking, watch the trailer.
            These are not clues, Fred.
            It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
            They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
            And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
            We will not.

Comment

Yes Caroline is his daughter.

Erobitha - if he senses Mike is a man who feels he has been deceived – then who has deceived him – and why? If he and Anne created the Diary together – as he says they did – then where is this deception?

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                Yes Caroline is his daughter.

Erobitha - if he senses Mike is a man who feels he has been deceived – then who has deceived him – and why? If he and Anne created the Diary together – as he says they did – then where is this deception?

JM
                I can hypothesise all day long but it would be just that.

By that stage he and Ann I understand where pretty much not talking to each other and if they were it was unlikely to be pleasantries. I think Mike believed he was duped by the diary and by Ann. I believe he feels he was used by Ann as she knew he would run with it because of his nature. So what better way to show them all by announcing he and Ann were indeed the evil geniuses that will show Ann and put a spanner in the works. He was highly paranoid. The provenance on this document or the proof that it was forged by Nike & Ann lies solely with a man who cannot be trusted to read the phone book without lying - and this I feel has been the biggest barrier to the Maybrick document for both sides.
                Last edited by erobitha; 11-12-2019, 01:48 PM.
                Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                JayHartley.com

Comment

Michael Barrett and Keith Skinner at the Cloak and Dagger Club 10 April 1999.

Click image for larger version  Name:	60ac72c3-5c45-4e73-ba9a-785f78da835e.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	727207

Is available to stream or download now from the following link:

Also in Apple & Google Podcasts, Tunein Radio, Stitcher, Podbean, Overcast...and wherever fine Ripperological Preservation Recordings can be found.

Note: The audio improves significantly after the first five minutes.

A selection of articles and letters that appeared in Ripperologist Magazine are also available for you to download at the link above.

Thank you for listening,

JM
                  Last edited by jmenges; 11-13-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	c801d329-af39-404f-97ac-fd41b3e7fbe9.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	727212

Name:	a600cbe7-4c4a-4dc5-b0fe-ad4164a3c7ed.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	727213

Name:	3680c3df-7e19-482b-a546-5540c7788e75.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	727214

Name:	0cc90e6d-1824-4af9-9979-154460a3c0ba.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	727215

Comment

Name:	fd167612-4ede-49f5-927e-308f3e72ebfb.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	727217

Name:	8b7d7a64-3590-424e-bd00-6c34d0b4df24.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	727218

Comment

A listener has inquired via Twitter as to the resolution, if any, concerning the rather nasty argument that broke out regarding the Medici art shop in Liverpool and it’s apparent non-existence at the time Mike Barrett claimed to have purchased supplies there.

Shirley Harrison addresses “the mystery of the Medici shop” at the bottom of the second image I posted directly above titled ‘Respectfully Submitted’.

JM
                        Last edited by jmenges; 11-14-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

A listener has inquired via Twitter as to the resolution, if any, concerning the rather nasty argument that broke out regarding the Medici art shop in Liverpool and it’s apparent non-existence at the time Mike Barrett claimed to have purchased supplies there.

Shirley Harrison addresses “the mystery of the Medici shop” at the bottom of the second image I posted directly above titled ‘Respectfully Submitted’.

JM
                          I wonder why no-one bothered to pick up the phone and dial 192?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

They did. See paragraph 4 of David Russell’s Letter to the Editor.

JM

Comment

They did. See paragraph 4 of David Russell’s Letter to the Editor.

JM
                              Thanks, Jon, I missed that.

I enjoyed the podcast enormously, but probably for the wrong reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

I've often wondered why no-one bothered to dial 9-9-9 when Barrett first showed up in London with the diary under his arm.

Comment

Working...
                                X