No announcement yet.

Rippercast Audio Archives: The Maybrick Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fourth release from the Maybrick Diary audio archives is Anne Graham interviewed by Bob Azurdia on BBC Radio Merseyside, which aired on the 4th of October, 1995.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bb6ffc41-7152-40f7-b527-f0691c23bfd9.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	715840

Available to stream or download now at the following link:

JM

Comment

Our fifth release from the Maybrick Diary audio archives is Paul Feldman, author or ‘Jack the Ripper: The Final Chapter’. Interviewed by Bob Azurdia on BBC Radio Merseyside, which aired on the 11th and 18th of October, 1995.

Name:	89c1c1be-208f-4122-adfd-b73aaa269459.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	716196

Available to stream or download now from the following link:

Also in Apple & Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, and wherever 100 % free podcasts can be found.

JM

Comment

Absolutely fascinating. Listening to all of these and hearing the voices for the first time now of people who I have only every heard about briefly.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the major players here?

Mike Barratt
        Anne Graham
        Shirley Harrison
        Paul Feldman ?

I understand they may not all be alive still but it appears that after 1996 everything went quiet... there seems to be no interviews at all since then regarding that whole period. Were they all just so thoroughly discredited, that no one took them seriously anymore and so faded in to obscurity?

thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatish View Post
          I understand they may not all be alive still but it appears that after 1996 everything went quiet...
          Yes. Funny, that.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Absolutely fascinating. Listening to all of these and hearing the voices for the first time now of people who I have only every heard about briefly.

Mike Barratt
            Anne Graham
            Shirley Harrison
            Paul Feldman ?

I understand they may not all be alive still but it appears that after 1996 everything went quiet... there seems to be no interviews at all since then regarding that whole period. Were they all just so thoroughly discredited, that no one took them seriously anymore and so faded in to obscurity?

thanks all.
            Mike Barrett and Paul Feldman are both deceased. Barrett in 2016 and Feldman in 2005.
            Shirley Harrison participated in a panel discussion on the Maybrick Diary in 2017. She and Anne Graham are still living.

The book Ripper Diary- The Inside Story takes the events from the beginning up to 2002. Its required reading.

I'm glad you're enjoying the Maybrick Diary audio series. There are three more releases to come.

JM

Comment

By the way, as for things going quiet "after 1996"...of the three tapes I've yet to release, two are from 1998 and one is from 1999.

JM

Comment

Mike Barratt
                Anne Graham
                Shirley Harrison
                Paul Feldman ?

thanks all.
                Just to add to what Jonathan has said, Mike's marriage broke up very acrimoneously and his drinking became worse. He lost a lot, including his health, and struggled to put his life back together. Feldman similarly had personal and business problems, and health problems. He knew he was dying. Anne Graham and her daughter made new lives for themselves, Ann writing a book and taking a university degree. Shirley married her long-time partner, Duncan, and carried on writing, but her writing partner, Sally, died, and Shirley settled into retirement. Like all of us lucky enough to do so, she got older. Melvin Harris also died. Active research into the diary, rather than on-line discussion and debate, fell to others and quietly continues.

Comment

Mike Barratt
                  Anne Graham
                  Shirley Harrison
                  Paul Feldman ?

thanks all.
                  for the love of god man, run away!

Comment

Thanks guys. Paul / Jonathan.. Appreciate it a lot. Just incredible hearing Feldman / Harrison mention William Friedkin and Anthony Hopkins are lined up with New Line Cinema, and plot depending, it is question of when in the next 18 months filming was due to begin!!

Would it be unfair to state the slightly higher pitch of kerching was audible through their voices?

Without any proof my initial impression would be that Anne probably knows more than is letting on (Mike being lined up as a patsy via the lure of money to play along), and the story of her seeing the diary in her father’’s trunk in the early 1960s does not seem convincing. I take it there is no DNA test conducted to link her via familiar lines to Florence Maybrick?

Another impression would be that Mike didn’t out Anne as the author even after such an acrimonious divorce as the lure of the ultimate pay off via the film was always still there? Maybe I’m way off the mark there.

Does Anne / Shirley even today stick with the original story?
                    Last edited by Yatish; 08-10-2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

The sixth release from the Maybrick Diary audio recordings.

Paul Feldman at the Cloak & Dagger Club, February, 1998.
                      In conversation with Keith Skinner.
                      with a spirited rebuttal from Martin Fido during the Q&A portion of the evening.

Click image for larger version  Name:	19e43c61-68b8-48b3-8085-04a43e9d9973.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	719395

*This tape recording was in very bad shape and deteriorating.
                      I ran it through several processes to bring it from 'unlistenable' to 'fairly listenable'.
                      Perhaps its for completists only? I enjoyed it.

Available to stream or download for FREE at the following link:

Also in Stitcher, Podcast Addict, Apple & Google podcasts, and wherever 21 year old cassette of Ripperology history can be found.

Thank you for listening,

JM

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

for the love of god man, run away!
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post

*This tape recording was in very bad shape and deteriorating.
                          I ran it through several processes to bring it from 'unlistenable' to 'fairly listenable'.
                          Since releasing this a few hours ago, what I’m being told is a much cleaner recording of this event has emerged. Once I receive a digitized copy- if it does prove to be an improvement- I’ll be replacing this recording with the better version.

If you’re a subscriber, you’ll be receiving the second version automatically as if it were a new episode.

Stay tuned

JM

Comment

Good news, Jon. It was an excellent discussion, which I enjoyed despite the noise.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

What was initially intended as just an eight part series on the Maybrick Diary is now going to become an open-ended series, as I've received recordings related to the Diary that now exceed eight.
                              So...ignore the 'eight part' bit.
                              All future recordings concerning the Maybrick Diary-no matter how many there are or when they occurred chronologically- will be put under this series' banner.

Also, stay tuned later today for a MUCH improved copy of Paul Feldman's talk from the February 1998 meeting of the Cloak and Dagger Club, plus an added bonus- the review of the proceedings as published in the April 1998 issue of Ripperologist Magazine-written by Adam Wood-which will be available for you to download.

Thanks for listening,

JM
                              Last edited by jmenges; 09-07-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

***IMPROVED AUDIO QUALITY FROM THE PREVIOUS UPLOAD***

Paul Feldman at the Cloak & Dagger Club, February, 1998.
                                In conversation with Keith Skinner.
                                with a spirited rebuttal from Martin Fido during the Q&A portion of the evening.

Name:	19e43c61-68b8-48b3-8085-04a43e9d9973.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	721276
                                Available to stream or download for FREE at the following link:

Also, while you're there, be sure to grab the pdf of Adam Wood's review of this event as it appeared in Ripperologist Magazine #16.

Thanks for listening,

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X