No announcement yet.

One on One with Stewart P. Evans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm American, so I meant 'who'. I'm sure it was an honor for this Stewart fellow to chat with Jonathan. I just hope he didn't drool.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Americans say whom also. At least the semi-literate ones do.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally
        I try not to follow the lead of the semi-literate.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

That's okay Tom, we'll all pretend we believe it's inclination and not an inability to reach even moderate levels of intellectual prowess that's at work here.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
            Is that because WHOM is an object pronoun to be used in the same manner as him, them, and her?

A semi-literate English teacher
            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
              That's okay Tom...
              Surely that should be "To", not "Tom", Ally?
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I loved the idea of hearing Stewart too but I have to say that the audio quality left a lot to be desired. I replayed many sections over and still couldn't understand what he was saying because the sound is so fuzzy. I've noticed this with some other interviewees. Is there a way you could reproduce this episode in transcript form so we can read what he's saying? Thanks

Comment

I called SPE on his home telephone with my Mac, and as I live nearly on the other side of the planet from SPE, the audio resembled such a long distance telephone call.

Personally I had little difficulty understanding what he said, but to answer your question, yes, when I have time I can make a transcript.

Or if there are any volunteers for such a project, let me know by PM.

JM

Comment

I had no problem at all with the sound quality, understood every word, great podcast from a very fine man indeed.
                    protohistorian-Where would we be without Stewart Evans or Paul Begg,Kieth Skinner, Martin Fido,or Donald Rumbelow?

Sox-Knee deep in Princes & Painters with Fenian ties who did not mutilate the women at the scene, but waited with baited breath outside the mortuary to carry out their evil plots before rushing home for tea with the wife...who would later poison them of course

Comment

Wow, wish I has Sox's ears. Thanks menges for letting me know what's up. I admit that part of the problem is that I can't catch every word of British English unless it's a clear broadcast. I bet I'm not the only one tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ghoulstonstreet
                        Wow, wish I has Sox's ears.
                        Sox squealed a bit, had not time to get ears for ghoulstonstreet.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I just listened to this again and it's still great. Toward the end, Stewart mentions that AP Wolf appeared on a couple of the podcasts. Does anyone know their titles or numbers?

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.

AP Wolf appeared on these 2 podcasts:

A Diseased and Vile Creature: Thomas Cutbush
                            The Non-Canonical Victims: Part One

JM

Comment

I just listened to this one with Stewart and the one with Debra Arif. I really enjoyed them both. Thanks Jonathan and Stephen, for streaming the archive for slow-pokes like me.

Dave

Comment

I listened to the one with Debs in just the other day. They are worth re listening to as often you miss bits the first time around.

Debs suggestion re the bung (I won't go into details, go hear it yourselves) was quite fascinating.

Monty
                                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
                                X