Favorite Episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Episode?

A few contenders for me I like both the Druitt episodes as I think he is a quite fascinating character, I also love the moment in one of them where Ally refuses to accept the likleyhood of Monty having an interest in the east end…..Jonathan almost seem scared to ask the next question!

My favorite has to be “The Ripper Scribes” it is great to hear the authors of the A to Z talk about their work……although they seemed to be talking about beer and pets quite a bit too, which was fine.

Thanks to Jon and all involved, a great service to ripperology that may be debated over in 120 years like memorandums and marginalia.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Any of the ones with Ally Ryder are good. She uses the blunt force trauma tool of logic well and I admire that.

Hmm. Favorite episode(s). I've listened to them all at least twice. The MJK ones I'd pick as my favorites, it's been a fascination since seeing the death photo as a teen long ago.

32_Life_and_Death_of_MJK_p1.mp3
    33_Life_and_Death_of_MJK_p2.mp3
    Hutchinson_will_you_lend_me_sixpence.mp3

"The Ripper Scribes" was great too. A-Z. It's the only book I really refer to when delving back into all things Ripperish.

Yes. Thanks to all involved in the Podcast. There's great debating at times on the show.
    “A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent." - William Blake

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
      A few contenders for me I like both the Druitt episodes as I think he is a quite fascinating character, I also love the moment in one of them where Ally refuses to accept the likleyhood of Monty having an interest in the east end…..Jonathan almost seem scared to ask the next question!
      Or where she disputes by casual remark that Druitt's gaze is "distant" in one of his young photos! I tend have my hands full when debating Ally. She's one mean queen!

Comment

Originally posted by aspallek View Post
        Or where she disputes by casual remark that Druitt's gaze is "distant" in one of his young photos! I tend have my hands full when debating Ally. She's one mean queen!
        Think she was a bit rough on you there Andy!, but Trevor got what he deserved in "Re-investigating the Ripper"

Love the work you have done on Druitt btw!
        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Among my favorites are probably the Kelly two-parter(just brilliant coverage of detail there, and a great combo of talkers), "The Ripper Scribes" which is a delight as both messrs Fido and Begg are so erudite and musical(and dog lovers, sounds like); Chris Scott's "Ripper In Ramsgate" extravaganza--just listening to Chris makes me extremely thirsty for a nice cozy pub nearby where I can go and catch C.S. saying "Oh! That's interesting".

The Annie Chapman ep is another one--an informative and moreover, fun listen. Gareth has some really far-out wordplay in there(how on earth does he think up this stuff on the spot?) and Chris Scott's reaction is priceless. I laugh out loud.
          And those are just off the top of my head. I can't think of any clunkers(and wouldn't name them if I could!).

Comment

Working...
          X