• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep. #41- Another Fiendish Crime: The Murder Of Annie Chapman

Discussion thread for Rippercast

Episode #41

Another Fiendish Crime: The Murder of Annie Chapman

available to stream, download or feed subscription FREE

Featuring the voices of Chris Scott, John Bennett, Gareth Williams, Ben Holme and Ally Ryder.

Thanks to all who participate and all who listen!

Enjoy!

JM

Just in the nick of time! I'm on the road most of the day and had just about run out of Rippercasts! Much thanks for a well made and entertaining series.

Comment

Good stuff as always, Jon!

My apologies again for my late arrival this week.

Silly microphone.

Comment

Great Rippercast as usual, very informative

Very interesting theory also regarding Annie and Jack having a disagreement etc in the backyard heard by Albert Cadosch who heard "No!" and then returning to the Front of 29 when Elizabeth Long witnessed Annie and unknown man "Jack" hearing "Will you?" and Annie replies "Yes." at approx 5:30am - accounting for the 10 minute discrepancy --i have to say that this seems very plausible indeed.

All this and Water timepieces and pee shooters - Good stuff guys , great entertainment all round.

Comment

On this episode the panelists discussed the information about Annie Chapman contained in the book The Victims of Jack the Ripper by Neal Stubbings Sheldon.

Inquiries into the purchasing of this book new should be made via email to silic1st1m@hotmail.com rather than through outlets such as Amazon or Inklings press. The above email address is the only author-approved seller of this book, and Rippercast urges its listeners to respect the wishes of Mr. Shelden when buying.

Thanks,

JM
          Last edited by jmenges; 03-04-2009, 03:59 PM.

Comment

It's a shame Chapman's murder isn't discussed as much as Tabram's, Stride's and Kelly's, as hers really is one of, if not the, 'best' in Jack's series. But I think the reason for her being overlooked a little bit in favour of the other alleged victims is due to there being more mystery surrounding their murders in regards to their killer's identity (i.e. whether it was the Ripper or not).

Very interesting theory also regarding Annie and Jack having a disagreement etc in the backyard heard by Albert Cadosch who heard "No!" and then returning to the Front of 29 when Elizabeth Long witnessed Annie and unknown man "Jack" hearing "Will you?" and Annie replies "Yes." at approx 5:30am - accounting for the 10 minute discrepancy --i have to say that this seems very plausible indeed.
            That's a good enough theory IMO to explain away the confusion over the timing of things. Also an interesting one. I'm not sure I'm too convinced by it, mind, but it could've been what happened should Cadosche and Long be believed as credible 'witnesses'. I'm on the fence (no pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by Mascara & Paranoia View Post
              I'm on the fence.
              Watch out for the splinters
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
              X