• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep. #39- A Diseased and Vile Creature: Thomas Cutbush

Discussion thread for Rippercast

Episode #39-

A Diseased and Vile Creature: Thomas Cutbush

Featuring the voices of A.P. Wolf, Paul Begg, Howard Brown and Ally Ryder.

Thanks for listening!

JM
    Last edited by jmenges; 02-02-2009, 07:54 PM.

Things to note.

We had technical problems with this show. Apologies all around. I didn't discover until afterwards that, although I was wearing a headset, it was my built-in mic that was set as default. And, when AP wasn't getting static from Ally Ryder, his connection was getting static from the atmosphere. We did all we could to correct these glitches.

And please be advised, AP Wolf posts regularly over on www.jtrforums.com (you need to send Howard Brown an email @ donston1888@aol.com to sign up) Any comments you would like to direct to him personally should be posted on the Rippercast discussion thread over yonder.

Thanks to all who participated in this week's show!

JM

Comment

Great show, JM. Thanks to all involved. I especially enjoyed hearing A.P. (Funny, he didn't sound drunk.)

Comment

As usual Jon --Kudos my friend , the podcasts are superb even though you experienced audio problems.. I did enjoy Ally grilling A.P.
        For the record i thought A.P sounded as if he'd enjoyed a glass or two :0)

Jon - one question buddy - Was that the most uncomfortable Podcast youve done so far ? you did hold it together very well and stabalised what seemed a rocky boat -- all good fun.

Look forward to the next - Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sjking View Post
          Was that the most uncomfortable Podcast youve done so far ?
          Thanks for the kudos, sjking,

Uncomfortable? Hmmm...

Technologically speaking, our first show with John Bennett (The East Ender) was a nightmare in which we had to re-record the show entirely 3 days later.

And there has been at least a half-dozen times when I've forgotten to hit the record button until the show was 20 minutes into the discussion, forcing us to start over from the beginning as if nothing completely amateurish on my part had ever happened.

As far as preparation, I was most nervous when recording A Portrait of Francis Tumblety with Tim Riordan. In that case, Ally was the only co-host who could appear on that day and her computer crashed permanently very early on, leaving me to record an unintended and totally unplanned, nearly two-hour long one-on-one show with Mr. Riordan. But that show turned out to be one of the best episodes IMO, if only for the vast amount of information on Tumblety it contained.

The show that came closest to never being released was the 2008 Year In Review. Nuff said.

I've been very lucky so far to have had guests and co-hosts who have all enjoyed their time on the show, as far as I know. For myself, sitting around on a Sunday afternoon talking to people in various parts of the world who share my interests is a total pleasure, and then in turn sharing those conversations with countless other interested individuals is what makes podcasting a great little hobby.

Thanks for listening!

JM

Comment

Great show, AP came across great and was an informative, and at times amusing gent.

I loved the part where he pulled Ally up on the number of stab wounds, only for Ally to retort with...."Whatever"

Great show, everyone was fantastic
            Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

He was referring to the number of years between attacks. 2 and a half. But yes, it was a pretty funny little exchange.

JM

Comment

I enjoyed the broadcast. And it was heartening to hear Paul say that he was taking more interest in Thomas.

I just wish AP had remembered to get a tray of bread pudding from one of the other panellists.

Comment

This is just a quick post. And I must confess that I am confused about the current animosity between AP and casebook, given the years of antagonism that Ap has contributed towards these boards, a hero. However it was radio fantastic to hear AP Wolf..dispite the technical problems…and that old ‘git’ Begg chipping in, A fantastic podcast, many thanks, as always, for your input AP. I wont await a response. But I hope to have your independent wisdom back on casebook as soon possible, brilliant. Love the other Pirate

Comment

Yes Pirate,it was a rare treat to hear Ap! Good to hear Paul and the others too.

Comment

As a "newbie..."

...i've been holding my tongue as i try to learn the treacherous political "ins and outs" involved here. however, as i have just had to literally stop listening to the rippercast for the 3rd time, i just HAD to say that for someone trying to learn and enjoy what the casebook has to offer, that Ally's attitude is absolutely awful. she disrupts the flow of episodes, applies wildly differing criteria to her arguments depending on the guest, and in general makes listening to the rippercast NOT FUN.

i realize my place, and mean no harm, but my goodness!

Comment

Well I think Ally's great, but each to there own.

Personally what makes me turn off is the annoying chewing sounds during some episodes, if people would eat before or after the show instead of during it that would be great. Otherwise I enjoy listening to the shows and it can't be underestimated what a great job Jonathan does.

Rob

Comment

Funny, isn't it. I think that Ally's contributions are the best part of the shows but, as Rob says, chacun à son goût (if that's the phrase I want). As to the munching sounds, I always thought that was me since I usually enjoy a nice snack while listening to the podcasts.

Comment

I agree with you Grave One...Ally's "edge" in her delivery and presentation make the show a better one for me too....and I'll stop eating pretzels,Robert Clack, if you insist.

Comment

What is that Essen rape case A.P. Wolf is referring to?
                              "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer
                              "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - Johannes Clauberg

Comment

Working...
                              X