X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode #30 A Clue In Whitechapel: The Goulston Street Graffito

Thread for discussion of Episode #30

A Clue in Whitechapel: The Goulston Street Graffito

Featuring the voices of Paul Begg, Howard Brown, Robert Mclaughlin, Jonathan Menges, Ally Ryder, Chris Scott and Gareth Williams.

Thanks for listening!

JM

Even though I am of the opinion that the "G" is a "clue" left by the murderer, I would like to point out that Ally Ryder, as well as JM,Bob,Mr. B, and Chris Scott...and even Gareth, but particularly Ally, pointed out some pretty interesting points in opposition to the connectivity of the apron to the message....and I really wish that she would prepare, at her leisure, an article with her arguments against the message's "link" to the "G for Ripperologist or wherever she wished to see it in print.

It was yet another example of Ally Ryder providing instructive and lucid viewpoints...far more lucid than I sound on the radio...but I'm only on the programs because of my looks anyway....on aspects of the Case.

It was a pleasure to listen to this program and I appreciate the effort JMenges goes to each week in order to present Rippercast, which is one of the best ambassadors of our beloved field to not only the hard core, but to the civilian alike.

Comment

Wow, Howard, thanks for all the praise. Who knew a twenty could buy so much. It was great having you back on, I look forward to whooping up on you again sometime soon.

While I would love to have an article of mine appear in the esteemed Ripperologist, I am afraid that after one of my last reviews of their magazine, I was informed by Team Rip that the only way my name would appear in their magazine was in my obituary, and please god, let it be soon....

P.S. That was of course a complete joke....the editors of Ripperologist have always accepted my reviews with the grace and good humor that is befitting of a professional organization. The real reason my name will never appear is because I am, at heart, dead lazy.

Although I really would love an advice column: Dear Queen Mean....

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Ally

Having listened to the podcasts you have appeared on, and read posts where you dive into the topic, I would welcome an article from you.

Doesnt have to be Rip, maybe a dissertation here on this site. You are more tuned in than others realise.

Monty

PS The same goes for Gareth.
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I'd just like it if Ally would write me some letters...

In all seriousness, Ally, if you can put down on paper what you put out verbally (and I think from the contributions you make here it could be assumed than you can) I think you could write some great articles.

And I'll also second Gareth doing some writing, tho not at the expense of the podcast as he has a cool accent

And I love the idea of Dear Queen Mean - start a thread!

B.
          Bailey
          Wellington, New Zealand
          hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
          www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Thanks, folks. I agree with y'all that Ally would make a splendid "Agony Aunt", as we call them in the UK.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Samson:

The "bitchy" act she puts on..is just an act. She knows quite a lot about the WM that she doesn't necessarily discuss on the boards. Trust me.

Even though she's a gurl...

Watch the fur fly now...

Comment

Ah gee shucks. Y'all know I am going to be insufferable for days now right?

Anyway, how 'bout that podcast? Was anyone but me struck by just how delusional these people are, like Howard, who actually believe the thing was written by the Ripper? I mean, really, who could credit such a thing! And go about saying it in public with no shame! Tsk.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Having actually listened to this episode now, I take it back, Ally has nothing to offer but being contradictory for her own amusement. Keep Gareth on tho, he's funny.

B.

(Ally, I'm kidding, I love you, please don't hurt me!)
                  Bailey
                  Wellington, New Zealand
                  hoodoo@xtra.co.nz

Comment

Oh Bailey. Bailey, Bailey, Bailey

Thats the fun, Ally hurting you.

And Id expect nothing less from a Donstonist. Next thing theyd tell you is that graffiti wasnt rife and the apron verifies the writing.

Yours, despaired of Leicester.
                    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Sir Monty,

Being hurt by Ally would be a delight, that's why I keep baiting her. Love the quote, by the way.

B.
                      Bailey
                      Wellington, New Zealand
                      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz

Comment

I just listened to this episode last night. It was my first episode.

One thing that really stood out is the size of the graffito. I always picture the writing as being big. I think the image of smaller writing might stick in my head after this.

Great information on the program. A lot of good points were made.
                        In particular, the cop took the apron to the station before he even knew there had been another murder.

I think my next episode will be the Hutchinson episode.

Great program and thanks to everyone involved for putting this together!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your comments. When old shows get brought up again it always leads me to go back and listen to them myself. If you're just starting out, be aware the sound quality on some of the episodes recorded 6-7 years ago can vary from pretty good to pretty poor, as I wasn't editing much back then and our at times large international cast were all still trying to figure out what we were doing.

I'm glad you enjoy them.

All the best,

JM

Comment

Working...
                          X