• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi Sam,

The Lewis/Kennedy saga is a test of the Hutchinson story, and vice-versa.
    Certainly Lewis' evidence does, Simon. She's a witness whose existence isn't in any way controversial, and her evidence is close enough to the Kennedy story that I suggest we ignore the latter for the purpose of this discussion. Kennedy is little more than a distraction in this context.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi Sam,

The Lewis/Kennedy saga is a test of the Hutchinson story, and vice-versa.

Here's a piece of incidental intelligence.

In 1891, Nos. 24 and 24½ Great Pearl Street, Spitalfields E., Sarah Lewis's 1888 abode, became the address of the registered offices of the "Jewish Social Working Men's Club."

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Lewis & Kennedy are inextricably linked to Hutchinson's veracity.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Can we please get back to Stephen Sensise, Hutchinson and Jewbaiter/False Flag? I see little or no relevance in the Lewis/Kennedy saga to this thread, and I'm pretty sure that Lewis/Kennedy have threads of their own.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by packers stem View Post
    Jon thinks they're two different people
    I think , although I never used to , that they are one and the same .Kennedy her press name and Lewis the official one but I question the drastic alterations from one statement to the next
    We also know from the research of Chris Scott, and her own statement that Sarah Lewis lived in Great Pearl Street.
    While the Gallagher's(Keylors?) who lived at No.2 Millers Court told a reporter that their married daughter, a Mrs Kennedy, came home at a very early hour that Friday morning.

Same woman, how does that work?

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
    Unless he was at the inquest.
    Right in front of Abberline?

The inquest was held in what was basically the living room of a house, not a football stadium.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
    Yup. Or heard it through the grapevine.

Leave a comment:

• John Malcolm
    replied
    Originally posted by packers stem View Post
    Incidentally ....
    Hutchinson also couldn't have known of Sarah Lewis until the thirteenth as her inquest testimony didn't make the afternoon press of the 12th

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Kennedy saw what appeared Kelly with a suspicious man within hours of her death, and her testimony would have been helpful in corroborating aspects of Lewis's story. Far from being a peripheral figure like Maurice Lewis, she would have been a very important witness indeed... if she existed.
    You'll probably find Gareth that an inquest is not the place to produce witnesses to simply corroborate the story of another witness. This can happen at a trial (being a higher court), but not at an inquest. You would also have the Coroner having to pay two witnesses to tell the same story. Some Coroner's, like Macdonald, were penny pinchers.
    He didn't even pay all those who did show up!

Corroboration is done by the police before the inquest.

To call Kennedy is to merely duplicate what Sarah Lewis had seen.
    Both Lewis & Kennedy saw the Britannia-man, but only Lewis saw the lurker - so Lewis gets called.
    Likewise, Maurice Lewis doesn't get called for the same reason - duplication with Maxwell's testimony.

As the time of death commonly assumed prior to the inquest was about 9:00 am, then Kennedy seeing Kelly at 3:00 is of no consequence, but Maxwell seeing her just before the assumed time of death is of interest, who was she with, what did she say, where was she going, etc.
    None of this matters at 3:00 am. but all of this matters at 9:00 am.
    If you read through the Kelly inquest you will see that the Coroner did not reject Maxwell's testimony. And, he only instructed the jury to determine cause of death.
    There was no investigation as to a time of death, be it 2:00, or 3:30, or 9:00 am.

It needs to be remembered, we are looking at this inquest from our day and from what we know today, which is wrong.
    We should all look at it from their day and what they knew.

The common belief seems to have been that the murder took place around 9"00 am, which is why Hutchinson saw no reason to run to police straight away, and no reason for the Coroner to call Kennedy.
    Even at the conclusion of the inquest no time of death was offered.

Dr Bond seems to have been the only one who found cause to assume the murder took place between 1-2:00 am. Which didn't seem to carry any weight with the police before the inquest.

Leave a comment:

• packers stem
    replied
    Incidentally ....
    Hutchinson also couldn't have known of Sarah Lewis until the thirteenth as her inquest testimony didn't make the afternoon press of the 12th

Leave a comment:

• packers stem
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Isn’t it obvious that Kennedy is just a garbled press version of Lewis?
    Or Kennedy was parroting Lewis for her 15 minutes of fame?

Surely this phantom witness is useless at best and just obfuscates at worst, no?
    Not at all
    The initial Kennedy press statement has a clear ring of truth to it with comments
    Sarah Lewis didn't speak to the press so they didn't know about her until the inquest.
    You see, what is obvious to me isn't to you and vice versa
    Jon's obvious is different again .It all comes down to how we think , that dictates how we view available evidence .
    I know some who will only accept official documents and nothing press wise, many of us doubt everything official.
    That's how it is .... otherwise why would we bother with all this ?
    You think it's the press
    Jon thinks they're two different people
    I think , although I never used to , that they are one and the same .Kennedy her press name and Lewis the official one but I question the drastic alterations from one statement to the next

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Isn’t it obvious that Kennedy is just a garbled press version of Lewis?
    Or Kennedy was parroting Lewis for her 15 minutes of fame?

Surely this phantom witness is useless at best and just obfuscates at worst, no?

Leave a comment:

• packers stem
    replied
    Kennedy saw what appeared Kelly with a suspicious man within hours of her death, and her testimony would have been helpful in corroborating aspects of Lewis's story. Far from being a peripheral figure like Maurice Lewis, she would have been a very important witness indeed... if she existed.
    Why would Maurice Lewis be peripheral ?
    His evidence would be absolutely vital in backing up the immovable Caroline Maxwell

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• packers stem
    replied
    There is every reason to dismiss "Kennedy", Jon, not least because it beggars belief that a genuine witness with such important information would not have been called to the inquest. If Caroline Maxwell was summoned to give her story, then surely they'd have heard Kennedy's evidence as well.
    Well , no not really
    It's pretty much across the board that most who really saw anything valuable didn't get anywhere near the stand ....
    Schwartz , Packer, Maurice Lewis .... there's a fair old list really .
    Although all sorts of worthless witnesses were called who saw absolutely nothing ...
    Mrs Malcolm got there because of a premonition

Leave a comment:

Working...
X