No announcement yet.

Screaming Lord Sutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a kid, I was taken to see them one night up London. In those days they topped the bill over the Hollies and the Kinks.

I think Mike Smith was the main focus of the screams.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Caz, "Glad All Over" was the Dave Clarke Five!
      I know! It was all in the theme of mixed up lyrics and songsters and pop pickers - oh and other assorted 'bits and pieces'.

I used to keep a strict record on my bedroom door each week of all the chart movements during the mid-60s.

'It won't be long' (Beatles) I don't suppose before I'm carted off to an old people's home where I'll have a chart of bowel movements.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
        Fluff might have just shortened it to Dave Dee. I love "Legend of Xanadu" it's infectious. Fluff should have been made a freeman of the City of London perhaps. I first remember listening to "Pick of the Pops" in the summer of 1962 when I was 10 years old. There were some great songs around that summer like Bobby Darin's classic "Things". Halcyon days indeed, the world seemed a little less cynical then. Must be getting old........nostalgia ain't what it used to be. (neuralgia is though)
        Oh boy Jimarilyn, that Bobby Darin track was sooo good. Too young to buy it in '62, I spent years looking for a copy in our local second hand record shop (the Vinyl Scrapyard) and managed to get a copy in about '82! Haven't listened to it for years though.

Steve S - if you lived in Tottenham, we were practically neighbours! I was born in Walthamstow and grew up in Highams Park and Chingford. Used to venture to Tottenham now and then to the Royal and once (but only once!), daringly, to The Eagle (round the corner from the old Police Station).

Limehouse

Comment

Caz, I'm sure it will be many years before you have your own "Pick of the Poops."

Gallant Robert

Comment

"Hey Joe, It won't be long Till I'll see you in my dreams"

PS. Anyone seen the excellent "Concert for George" ? There's a poignant finale where Joe Brown (ukulele in hands) leads everyone into "I'll see you in my dreams".

Comment

Joe Brown is an absolutely top class performer and musician. I have seen him perform three times in recent years and the range of musical genres and instruments he covers goes way beyond his 60s material. 'I'll see you in my dreams' is one of his standards.

Comment

I seem to remember that Joe Brown had a Ziggy Stardust haircut about 10 years before Bowie!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  I seem to remember that Joe Brown had a Ziggy Stardust haircut about 10 years before Bowie!

He's still got a good head of hair (doesn't look much different from early 1960's) even though he's about 67 or 68 now. He seems a dead nice bloke, ever cheerful.

He does a great version of George's "That's the way it goes" in that musical tribute "Concert for George".
                  Last edited by jimarilyn; 06-26-2008, 12:11 PM. Reason: haven't had my cornflakes yet

Comment

I really don't need a benefit gig.

PHILIP
                    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• No, it's the George who wrote "My Sweet Lowde."

Comment

• Wash your mouth out with soap. You dare to sully the boards with that word?!

PHILIP
                        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Sorry! Am off to get the soap.

It's all a load of carbolics.

Comment

• Check the haircut.

It took a hundred years to make that old tree growAnd there beside that tree, I learned to love you soIt took a hundred years of sunshine before that old tre...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post

It's all a load of carbolics.

Is that something that brave Jaguars have ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                                Steve S - if you lived in Tottenham, we were practically neighbours! I was born in Walthamstow and grew up in Highams Park and Chingford. Used to venture to Tottenham now and then to the Royal and once (but only once!), daringly, to The Eagle (round the corner from the old Police Station).

Limehouse
                                Only a tram chase away(in period terms).....funnily enough,I travelled the other way to the Wake Arms in Epping Forest...Tottenham had something for perod crime....Other than Chapman working in West Green Rd & the afore-mentioned Anarchist outrage,Ethel LeNeve's sister's house was about 500yds from our's.......
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X