New TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Series

I notice that on the TV channel Quest Red at 10pm this coming saturday there’s a programme called The Victorian Murder Files, which is 1 of 6 episodes. This is the information given:

Kerry Daynes welcomes us into her lair to examine crimes committed over a century ago, in the company of detectives, lawyers and pathologists who bring a modern-day rigour to the discussion. We begin with a young Frenchman found dead in a Glasgow bedsit. Police conclude that he died from arsenic poisoning - but was it poison or suicide?

Sounds like the Madeleine Smith case?

Should be worth a watch.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I notice that on the TV channel Quest Red at 10pm this coming saturday there’s a programme called The Victorian Murder Files, which is 1 of 6 episodes. This is the information given:

Kerry Daynes welcomes us into her lair to examine crimes committed over a century ago, in the company of detectives, lawyers and pathologists who bring a modern-day rigour to the discussion. We begin with a young Frenchman found dead in a Glasgow bedsit. Police conclude that he died from arsenic poisoning - but was it poison or suicide?

Sounds like the Madeleine Smith case?

Should be worth a watch.
    Sounds an interesting series Herlock.

When I worked in the Mitchell Library in Glasgow, we actually had the arsenic that was allegedly used by Madeleine Smith.

It's a strange feeling to hold such an important historical artefact.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

When I worked in the Mitchell Library in Glasgow, we actually had the arsenic that was allegedly used by Madeleine Smith.

That's fascinating, Barn!

The Mitchell must have been an amazing place to work.

I will give this programme a watch if I'm home on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

That's fascinating, Barn!

The Mitchell must have been an amazing place to work.

I will give this programme a watch if I'm home on Saturday night.
        Oh come now, Ms. Diddles. When have you ever been home on a Saturday night?

c.d.
        Last edited by c.d.; 01-09-2024, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

I bet it was Barn. I used to have a book on the case called The Strange Affair of Madeleine Smith but I can’t remember actually reading it so it might have been one that ended up on the bottom of a pile unread. I’ve just searched my books and I definitely no longer have it. It must have been one of the 1000 or so I had to get rid of for reasons of space. It grieves me to have to get rid of books! I might get this one again though as its available cheaply.

Let’s hope this series is a good one.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
          X