Steampunk band with Ripper vibe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steampunk band with Ripper vibe

The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing official site of the UK's biggest, loudest, heaviest SteamPUNK band

I stumbled across the London band titled "They Are the Men Who Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing" which seems to draw inspiration from the darker and harsher side of late Victorian life, including the Whitechapel murders.

The link above to the band's site indicates they had a 10th anniversary tour in 2019.

Apparently their style is punk, with the addition of "steampunk" (science-fiction elements in the 19th century) added in.

At least one song berates the "Ripperlogist industry" for coming up with bizarre and convoluted theories about Jack's identity just to sell books. He's not a super-villain, they say, just an unknown bloke (who will never be known.)

I hadn't heard of them, and may be the only one, but I was tickled to learn about them, and thought I'd post about them here. Good addition to the "media influence" category on Jack's overview page, eh?

The band's name will also pull up their Wikipedia page, if anyone is interested.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Thanks for posting this interesting find. Berates the "Ripperlogist industry"? Please tell me Haillie Rubenhold is the lead singer!

Comment

Well, I don't know, but she might be too stuffy for these fellows!

I did gather there's a song about "Stephenson" and "Stevenson" , so we can guess at what sort of theories they consider bizarre.

There's also a bit about Queen Victoria hiding her "zombie" son Prince Edward away and feeding him the "brains of commoners."

Makes as much sense as the Royal Ripper theory...
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Abby Normal cover band
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I haven't listened to any of the JTR associated tracks, but the Brunel one is quite entertaining (and a bit of an ear worm)

Comment

Working...
          X