Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper 5 Victims 2022

Jack the Ripper 5 Victims 2022

I feel like they have an agenda (certainly a bias) in mind that they are desperate to put across.

JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Have you completed VRs for the other crime scenes?
    If so, do you have links?
    If not, do you plan to?
    "We do not remember days, we remember moments." ~ Cesare Pavese

Cheers!

Books by BJ Thompson
    Author - www.booksbybjthompson.com
    Email - barbara@booksbybjthompson.com

Comment

Originally posted by BooksbyBJThompson View Post
      Have you completed VRs for the other crime scenes?
      If so, do you have links?
      If not, do you plan to?
      I've done some of Miller's Court and Dorset street. There are quite a few videos on my youtube channel showing them. Also, if you go to my website (link in the signature below) you can view the start of a VR/3D tour I'm trying to create. So far it's just Dorset street.

Also, The youtube channel has a few 360-degree videos that you can pan around using your mouse. Eg this one of Number 13 [WARNING - It features Mary Kelly's mutilated body in situ so be warned that it's GRAPHIC!]

Here's room 13 without the graphic content:

The 360 videos are very short (seconds long) because you can simply pause the vid and still pan and view the scenes. Also viewable in VR.
      Finally, there's a couple of scenes here at the VR website called Sansar:

The Sansar Worlds are your virtual reality guide to the best in social VR worlds including multiplayer games 360-degree movie theaters chat hangout spaces and more.

They can be viewed on your desktop PC or in VR

thanks
      Last edited by richardh; 10-30-2022, 10:01 PM.
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

They clearly have an agenda, for example they mention that a lot of papers considered Nichols to be the third victim, but fail to deal with them. After all, Tabram clearly was a sex worker, which undermines their theory. They also ignore that women fallen on hard times sometimes turned to sex work as a temporary emergency source of funds instead of a permanent occupation.

It was good to get more from the victims' perspective, but at the same time they could have delved deeper.

It was also good to see some of the difficulties the police faced, such as the hordes of well-meaning suggestions. (Pity the didn't mention the ones given by Queen Victoria.) Or the not well-meaning hoaxers. Or just the crowds. Or just plain lack of forensic tools.
        "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

I thought this was a "Not the Nine O'clock News" sketch when I first saw this...

Comment

Working...
          X