Murderous History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murderous History

I recorded to episodes of this series last night on the Smithsonian channel. The first was on the baby farmer Amelia Dyer and second was on Harry Dobkin who murdered his wife during the Blitz and hid her body in a chapel. These were both really well done and with lots of great old footage. Well worth a look.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

I follow the blog of Angela Buckley - who I believe was one of the experts consulted on the first episode. Haven't seen it myself but definitely would be interested.

Her blog is here https://victorian-supersleuth.com
    Last edited by erobitha; 06-05-2021, 02:11 PM.
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post
      I follow the blog of Angela Buckley - who I believe was one of the experts consulted on the first episode. Haven't seen it myself but definitely would be interested.

Her blog is here https://victorian-supersleuth.com
      Thanks for that Erobitha She appears in the programmes.

I just looked in the book section and saw that she’s written four. I actually have the first one but the other three also look interesting (I’ll be adding them to my list of possible booms to buy.)
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Thanks for that Erobitha She appears in the programmes.

I just looked in the book section and saw that she’s written four. I actually have the first one but the other three also look interesting (I’ll be adding them to my list of possible booms to buy.)
        I don’t know where I can by ‘booms?
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
        X