Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripper Street starts tonight (30th Dec) on UK TV (BBC1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripper street

Anyone interested in posting their favourite lines from Ripper Street.

My two current favourites:

"she is going to have a child born unto her". and
    "don't moon at my girls"

Best wishes,
    C4

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
      Anyone interested in posting their favourite lines from Ripper Street.

My two current favourites:

"she is going to have a child born unto her". and
      "don't moon at my girls"

Best wishes,
      C4
      1st episode, Jerome Flynn (SgT Drake) - "Had enough shitstick?"
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      ---------------------------------------------------
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Does anyone watch "Being Human"? Reids wife Emily was in it this week, but a somewhat different character

Comment

Saw this info on Wikipedia and thought I'd pass it along. I'm very excited to hear that there will be another season of this show.

Series 2 (2014)

It was confirmed by BBC commisoner Ben Stephenson, on 29 January 2013, that Ripper Street will return for a second 8-part series.[2]

Speaking about the show's renewal, creator and writer Richard Warlow told the BBC: "I am enormously grateful to have been given the opportunity to return to 'H' Division once more and will be working tirelessly to ensure that those who have joined us each week will find ever more compelling crime-fighting thrills down on Ripper Street the second time around. The series will move forward into the 1890s: the death rattle of a century coming to a close, the labour pains of a modern world on the rise. It is this sense of climax and calamity that, week by week, our heroes will confront with conviction and heroism."[13]

Series two of Ripper Street is planned to start shooting spring 2013 (potentially once again in Dublin[14]), for its broadcast in early 2014.

Comment

Yes, that's good news. I really enjoy the series. Usually when i find something I like on TV they cancel it pretty sharpish!

Originally posted by Esther Wilson View Post
            Saw this info on Wikipedia and thought I'd pass it along. I'm very excited to hear that there will be another season of this show.

Series 2 (2014)

It was confirmed by BBC commisoner Ben Stephenson, on 29 January 2013, that Ripper Street will return for a second 8-part series.[2]

Speaking about the show's renewal, creator and writer Richard Warlow told the BBC: "I am enormously grateful to have been given the opportunity to return to 'H' Division once more and will be working tirelessly to ensure that those who have joined us each week will find ever more compelling crime-fighting thrills down on Ripper Street the second time around. The series will move forward into the 1890s: the death rattle of a century coming to a close, the labour pains of a modern world on the rise. It is this sense of climax and calamity that, week by week, our heroes will confront with conviction and heroism."[13]

Series two of Ripper Street is planned to start shooting spring 2013 (potentially once again in Dublin[14]), for its broadcast in early 2014.
            JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
            JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
            JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Very good news indeed.. I was a bit worried about the series before it started but I have to admit I love it... I look foward to every new episode and will be buying the DVD's once they are released (which will be after the final episode airs on BBC America).

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I managed to watch almost the whole of last week's episode (24 Feb) and must admit to wishing with all my might that the little girl would turn out to be Reid's daughter, even though I knew she probably wouldn't.

However, did I really hear a reference to 'teenagers' ?? I am almost sure this term was not coined until the mid 1950s?

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  However, did I really hear a reference to 'teenagers' ?? I am almost sure this term was not coined until the mid 1950s?
                  That's my understanding too.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

For the last 8 weeks, Ripper Street has been a very enjoyable weekly ritual for me and my dad.

So which Sergeant would win in a fight, Bennett Drake or Ray Carling?

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                      I managed to watch almost the whole of last week's episode (24 Feb) and must admit to wishing with all my might that the little girl would turn out to be Reid's daughter, even though I knew she probably wouldn't.

"Teenage" as an adjective to describe clothing and activities was around in the 1920s, but I couldn't tell you whether "teenager" came before or after the adjective. I'm going to guess that the adjective might go a little further back than its first written use, because words typically do, but since assembly-line clothes production made age-specific fashion a 20th century phenomenon (yes, I realize young women and old women have always dressed differently, but it was for reasons, such as older women still wearing clothes they'd had for a long time, as opposed to reasons purely of fashion), and made cheap clothes available, that people were willing to by and wear out, and replace with new very soon, instead of wanting clothes to last, because a lot of labor went into making them.

Also, the leisure time that labor-saving (ie, electric) devices gave people the time to plan for, and want in the first place, age-segregated activities.

But since the numbers are called thirteen, fourteen, etc., it doesn't mean someone wouldn't spontaneously come up with the word "teenager," but have it not catch on, because a word to describe people in that age range as a special class wasn't necessary.

I'm not watching the show. I watched a couple of episodes, but I didn't find it all that appealing. I have only so much TV time right now, and already two shows on my list that aren't appropriate for my son.

Comment

Originally posted by fodsaks View Post
                        For the last 8 weeks, Ripper Street has been a very enjoyable weekly ritual for me and my dad.

So which Sergeant would win in a fight, Bennett Drake or Ray Carling?
                        Drake - no contest!
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I agree, Drake for sure.

Comment

Ripper Street is now on Netflix.

Comment

I watched season one and enjoyed it. I haven't yet been able to see season two.

I heard that it was cancelled, though, but then Amazon came in and saved the day. So it looks like there will be a third season.

Comment

Why does it have to be Ripper Street? Why can't it be Ripper Avenue? Ripper Approach? Ripper Gardens?

Comment

Working...
                                X