No announcement yet.

channel five documentry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched it tonight and was very impressed. The locations were the best I've seen and the acting while a touch on the Amdram side I think worked well.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more concentration on the suspects but as an academic piece on the subject they probably got it just about right.

A couple of production issues I could pick up on if I was in my day job.....but I'm not....I'm a Ripper-subject enthusiast who is very contented that he spent 90 minutes watching this.

Much better than the last one I watched "Jack the Ripper: The Definitive Story" which was just a load of rubbish.

Well done to all those involved.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jane Coram View Post
      Hi CD,

CGI = computer generated images. This can cover anything from flat reconstructions, to super-realistic stuff like Avatar, done with green screen and motion sensors.

Hugs

Janie

xxxx
      Hi Janie,

I'll know who to come to now.....I'm amongst the computer illiterate, barely know my way around the computer screen.

Love ya - Shelley

Comment

• Is this DVD available in the states yet? if so where?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• I too am looking for this DVD in the states, I read that it is to be a two disc set with extra footage, not sure if this is true, but I hope so.

if anyone has info on a US release please let us know

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
            I too am looking for this DVD in the states, I read that it is to be a two disc set with extra footage, not sure if this is true, but I hope so.

if anyone has info on a US release please let us know

Steadmund Brand
            still not on Amazon-GRRRRRRR!

Comment

• A message from Jeff Leahy

Hi all,

Below is a message from Jeff Leahy -

"Hi All

Just to let people know that the DVD will be released soon. I was in conversation with our Distribution company yesterday who have requested a series of changes to the Artwork.

It will be released as a 90 minute version to start. But may not be up on Amazon for a few weeks.

Good news is that there are other plans afoot for longer play versions and related products. But that all I can say for now.

However as i noticed a few complaints on another forum I would be grateful if the message could be spread that its in the pipeline and completed. It just needs someone to come up with a release date...

Prices being discussed are £9.99. But I'm afraid I cant even confirm that at present. All I can give is assurances to keep as affordable as possible.

I'll keep this thread updated over the coming weeks.

Yours Jeff"
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                Hi all,

Below is a message from Jeff Leahy -

"Hi All

Just to let people know that the DVD will be released soon. I was in conversation with our Distribution company yesterday who have requested a series of changes to the Artwork.

It will be released as a 90 minute version to start. But may not be up on Amazon for a few weeks.

Good news is that there are other plans afoot for longer play versions and related products. But that all I can say for now.

However as i noticed a few complaints on another forum I would be grateful if the message could be spread that its in the pipeline and completed. It just needs someone to come up with a release date...

Prices being discussed are £9.99. But I'm afraid I cant even confirm that at present. All I can give is assurances to keep as affordable as possible.

I'll keep this thread updated over the coming weeks.

Yours Jeff"
                Thanks Monty

Comment

• Thank you Monty....

now do we buy the 90 minute one when it comes out or wait for the 2 disc one

Steadmund Brand
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Monty: Did Jeff Leahy say anything about a region 1 DVD being produced? The price that you quoted was in pounds sterling, so I'm worried that it will only be for sale as a region 2.

Comment

• Looks like my account has been re-enstated. Many thanks

The new art work should be attached and the DVD available very soon.

It will only be available on PAL for now but these should play on everyones computers..

Creating NTSC is always problematic as the discs run a differnet time

Thats not to say never but lets just get the damn thing out first

Yours Jeff
                      Attached Files

Comment

• good luck

Hello Jeff. Good to see you back! Hope you are well.

Good luck with this enterprise.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Cheers Lynn. Thats good of you. I'm rather busy at present so work rather than socializing. More Stripper than Ripper these days. Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                            Looks like my account has been re-enstated. Many thanks

The new art work should be attached and the DVD available very soon.

It will only be available on PAL for now but these should play on everyones computers..

Creating NTSC is always problematic as the discs run a differnet time

Thats not to say never but lets just get the damn thing out first

Yours Jeff
                            Thanks Jeff
                            I am in the US and was wondering when and where the DVD would be available to purchase.

Comment

• Availability?

Any new word on when/where this will be available in the U.S.?

Thx,
                              Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

• Originally posted by 007 View Post
                                Any new word on when/where this will be available in the U.S.?

Thx,
                                Bumping this to see if the DVD is available for sale in the US in US DVD format yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X