channel five documentry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Does anyone know when and what channel this will be on in the US? I really want to see this!
    This is still in discussion. However it should be broadcast on History in Australia.

The DVD will hopefully arrive this summer.

Pirate

Comment

• The documentary has become available on YouTube, but only for British residents sadly by Demand 5. If you would like the link, I can give it to you, although most of you are probably aware of this. I personally would like the DVD for the extras as well, and I must say it was a mighty good Ripper documentary!

Comment

• Hi JtrMordke

I've been following your Kosminski posts with interest.

There are clips on utube but not the whole program...they seem to have been taken from the crime Investigation network version.

The DVD is still under construction. Changes still being considered.

Hopefully more at this years conference in London.

Yours Pirate
        Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 05-04-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Hello, and thank you for the comment about my posts on the Kozminski thread Pirate. I was debating over joining for a while but finally brought myself to do it - of that I have no regrets!

Do you know how long it will be before they give an official release date? I am also wondering if it will be out before the summer or October as this makes for a great present request. People always have trouble finding gifts for me because of the nature of my interests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
            This is still in discussion. However it should be broadcast on History in Australia.

The DVD will hopefully arrive this summer.

Pirate
            Thanks-I will be all over it!

Comment

• It was on History last month and repeated again last week. Very good reconstructions. It really gives you a sense of how dark those streets were and how easy it would have been to get away.

One thing though. One person talking about Mary Jane Kelly insisted her eyes had been mutilated too but actually they and her eyelids were the only part left intact

Comment

• Hi,
                Quite simply the best documentary to date.
                Regards Richard.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                  Hi,
                  Quite simply the best documentary to date.
                  Regards Richard.
                  I'll second that. Watched it 2 weeks ago on the History Channel (Australia). The cgi just blew me away! It's was the next best thing to really being there!
                  Well done to all involved.

Comment

• Is this documentary online somewhere? I did watch it but would like to see it again. Thanks

Comment

• I don't think it's available online, Sarah, but it seems to be on television all the time. It was on twice today (at least around here) on the History Channel. I'm still hoping they will release a DVD with added extras...like, for example, Rumbelow combing his eyebrows.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                        I don't think it's available online, Sarah, but it seems to be on television all the time. It was on twice today (at least around here) on the History Channel. I'm still hoping they will release a DVD with added extras...like, for example, Rumbelow combing his eyebrows.
                        Hi GM

What is the name of it?
                        Is it being shown on the history channel in the states? I can't find it anywhere-I even went to the history channel website and searched for it.

Comment

• I'll see if I can find the title when I get home tonight, Abby. The Canadian and American History Channels often show the same programs, but not necessarily at the same times.

Comment

• My bad. I seem to have confused two documentaries. The Channel 5 one is entitled JtR: The Definitive Story, the one on the Canadian History Channel yesterday was The Real JtR. In any event, both are excellent and well worth seeing if you get the chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                              I don't think it's available online, Sarah, but it seems to be on television all the time. It was on twice today (at least around here) on the History Channel. I'm still hoping they will release a DVD with added extras...like, for example, Rumbelow combing his eyebrows.
                              Its being worked on. Hopefully in time for conference lecture.

Pirate

Comment

• Jack The Ripper - The Definitive Story

Any update on the release date of this dvd?I'm hoping it will be made available to us in the States.It would be a great documentary to watch in the Fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X