Whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
    Rob - Monsoon. Stick to the korma son...you wont sweat as much.

Monty
    ???????????

Comment

• Ah, you've seen it then!

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
      The tour guide was pretty silly as well (do they really carry a suitcase full of hardback books?)
      I know at least two guides who go around with books! Good ones too (the guides and the books). There'd be three if I could get mine sorted!

I was also wondering why they changed the victims photographs on the big board.
      That's possibly a copyright issue, PRO and all that? Just a hunch.

Comment

• Thanks, John.

I assumed that guides such as Rumbelow carry around books somehow. It was surprising to see this guide carry something the size of a golf club bag. Did Don hire a caddy when he was recovering from his injury? Now that would be a gig.

JM

Comment

• Hey Jon,

Don carries his around in a small shopping trolley. Sometimes you can hear it approaching.

No lie.

Comment

• John's absolutely right. By 'shopping trolley', though, he doesn't mean a SUPERMARKET shopping trolley. He means one of those old-lady type trolleys you pull behind you.

Don's got it easy, though - his are normal sized paperbacks. Hardbacks are much heavier.

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Thanks to you both!

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                ???????????
                I'll text you.

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Speaking of the Monsoon, did anyone spot it? It featured twice, around the time of the piercing scream from the girl who ran from the scene of the second murder.

I can't wait to ask the chaps about it on Saturday - after Rob has ordered his stuffed mushrooms, of course, but before Liza has the chance to go on about the "orgasmic" food.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Interesting and accurate reference to Mary Bousefield somewhere near the beginning of the production, I thought. I can attest to the fact that Bouse rhymes with Mouse and not Moose as enunciated in the episode. What a bunch of idiots to get that simple thing wrong! Mary was indeed a popular family Christian name in that household as I know it cropped up again as a friend of my mother's aged about ten in1934 or thereabouts in Star place.

It is terryfying to think that the police might actually be as portrayed in the programme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                      I liked it overall

One thing I did not like was the appearance of the Ripper at the first crime scene, his flitting past in the Ten Bells, and his appearance near the end.

Seems a bit melodramatic to have the murderer lurking within feet of the police on so many occasions. His first appearance still holding the bloody knife was pathetic- as if.

He appeared to be dressed in the same get-up, apron and all in the Ten Bells as he was in the CCTV and the deerstalker would stand out today exactly as was remarked upon by the police - "He looks like Sherlock Holmes!"

I don't think he would fit into the local population easily, unless there are many "eccentric" tour guides about or a JtR convention was going on.

Is he using a car or what? Or is he sticking with walking the streets all night? Nice for him (or her - see later) that he can find a victim at the correct time and location so easily.

I expect it to be someone from the hospital - not a disgruntled receptionist surely? - Her name wasn't Jill was it? strewth......
                      I agree on the hospital possibility. The hospital scene when the D.I asks to speak to "Dr.Philips" and the lady says "Are you sure?" - why mention his name if he was not to be brought into the story? My thoughts veer towards the so-far unseen Dr.Philips being the Jack copycat. Time shall tell.

Secondly - the victims - truth being there are no prostitutes (as far as I know) in those areas now and he simply had to make do with the lonely women he came across - they would do. The point being they were just merely available hence no connection to the murderer (interviewing the boyfriend was understandable but merely a necessity of police work).

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamWalsh View Post
                        Secondly - the victims - truth being there are no prostitutes (as far as I know) in those areas now...
                        Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Adam, that's like saying there are no roads in Whitechapel.

Commercial Street especially STILL has prostitutes. You can see them every single night, and that's one of the reasons why access to Dorset Street is being curtailed.

In fact one of them, Bonnie, was murdered by the copycat Whitechapel killer last year. I used to see her hanging around Itchy Park and thought, when she disappeared, that she'd OD'd (as she was clearly a drug addict) and then she turns up in the national press.

PHILIP
                        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• oh well - Ive never seen them around - what do you think about my assertation as to the mysterious Doctor alluded to earlier in the show?

Comment

• I liked this show.

Originally posted by AdamWalsh View Post
                            I agree on the hospital possibility. The hospital scene when the D.I asks to speak to "Dr.Philips" and the lady says "Are you sure?" - why mention his name if he was not to be brought into the story? My thoughts veer towards the so-far unseen Dr.Philips being the Jack copycat. Time shall tell.
                            If he (or Dr Cohen maybe drawing on the David Cohen theory) is the killer then I think the nurse/receptionist in that scene will be targeted possibly as Mary Kelly.

Chris Lowe

Comment

• Another conundrum,

There was a couple of seconds inserted, that showed a flash back, of a male body splashing into water. Was this a suggestion that Druitt was Jack?
                              I will watch it again today to pinpoint the time, but it made me sit up and think "EH?"
                              Regards Mike

Comment

• I think they're going to point the finger at every major suspect. Well, at least that's what they suggested in the Radio Times. Thing is, if they really did that, it'd be a 12 part series

Actually, not a bad thing. I'm getting rather fed up of these half hearted British series. Six episodes here, three episodes there. Let's have a proper series, with double figures!
                                Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Working...
                                X