Whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve S View Post
    Stafford...Lichfield...I was close!...And I am on the other side......
    Steve
    But we might have been on the same side if Rupert had of excepted the throne from Fairfax...?

Pirate

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
      But we might have been on the same side if Rupert had of excepted the throne from Fairfax...?

Pirate
      Dream team........
      Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve S View Post
        Dream team........
        Steve
        Yes..oh to be a fly on the wall at that meeting..

P

Comment

• Pardon the intrusion...
          Jeff...please send me your email address as your pm box is full,my friend.

How
          donston1888@aol.com

Comment

• Sorry about that. I have now emptied my mail box. But anyone is welcome to email me at jeff.leahy@btinternet.com

Pirate

Comment

• Looks like this is now available as a DVD, but only in Region 2 format, unfortunately.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what sort of extras are on the DVD if any?

Thanks

Comment

• There is a short documentary called "peeling back the layers" which is basically a "making of" and thats yer lot!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Thanks for that. May just buy it anyway.

Comment

• ....Interesting to note that the DVD is in 1.85x1 ratio, i.e. cropped from the televised original which was nearly full-screen.The DVD is therefore a little tight top and bottom at times.I've kept my original just to have it 'as shot',but watch the DVD!

Comment

• The DVD is the 16x9 aspect ratio (about 1:77) which was how it was shot. The difference could be over-scanning as it looked fine on my T.V.

Rob

Comment

• Rob is correct, the show was shot in 16x9, but the pan and scan version was shown on tv.
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• Depends on what T.V you have Mike and how it's set up. I've got a 16x9 widescreen T.V. and that's how I watched the series when it was broadcast. If it's an old fashioned 4x3 T.V. and the set top box (Sky,Cable,Freeview) is st up for that then only the middle portion of the show will be shown.

Rob

Comment

• I change mine according to wether I am watching a tv show or film, as it was a tv show, I left it on the pan and scan feature, but with movies we switch to get the better picture.
                              Regards Mike

Comment

• D.C. Fitzgerald (the detective with the crate of beer who sold the Ripper story to the press) was played by Christopher Fulford, who was also on the original Ripper team in the Michael Caine series as P.C. Brent (the copper in disguise with crutches who was hanging around the pubs).

Just watched the DVD, avoided this thread and the tv series until I could watch it in one sitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X