No announcement yet.

Whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was a tad disappointed by the 'graveside' shots too- Surely a trip out to Leytonstone wasn't outside of the budget!
    May have to have a little re-watch at some point (Especially episode 2 of course!!)
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ophelia View Post
      The series has generated a lot of interest in the original case. My local bookshop had sold out of it's stock of 'Ripper' books.
      Yeah, I think this series has appealed to a younger audience, I've gained two new victim descendant contacts!

An all round enjoyable show, well worth watching.

Adam, Andy and Sue should put an advert on their game saying "as seen on the TV show Whitechapel". Sell, sell, sell...

Feeling pleased that Buchan mentioned Chapman's children Emily Ruth, Annie Georgina and John that originated from my research, but Jen was more happy after guessing early on it was the doctor guy that did it

I was hoping it was Philip Hutchinson, oops I mean George

Comment

• I liked the way the writers named the MJK look-e-like as Frances Coles. Nice research.

I will be looking more closely at Hutchinson now - I never thought he was JTR, I thought it was Kosminski but my mind can always be swayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillieHoliday View Post
          I liked the way the writers named the MJK look-e-like as Frances Coles. Nice research.

I will be looking more closely at Hutchinson now - I never thought he was JTR, I thought it was Kosminski but my mind can always be swayed.
          Watch out Philip!!!

Seriously though- check out Bob Hinton's book 'From Hell... The Jack the Ripper Mystery' ISBN 1-874538-96-4, for a good case for Mr H (Hutchinson!)

Suz x

Comment

• Two pennies worth

OK, here's my two pennies worth...

In the end, I rather enjoyed the programme. I felt that as soon as they got beyond as those over-used cliches surrounding the posh cop being resented by the old sweats it really began to fly.

I felt that most of the references to the real case were quite subtle and witty and I was delighted to see the ending left room for Whitechapel II.

Regards.
            "...a snapper-up of unconsidered trifles."

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzi View Post
              Watch out Philip!!!

Seriously though- check out Bob Hinton's book 'From Hell... The Jack the Ripper Mystery' ISBN 1-874538-96-4, for a good case for Mr H (Hutchinson!)

Suz x

Thanks Suzy, I will definitely get it.

Comment

• Try amazon - mind you seems to be 'temporarily out of stock' - Gawd this 'Whitechapel ' lark has a lot to answer for!!!
                Last edited by Suzi; 02-17-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• I loved Bob Hinton's "From Hell" can't praise it highly enough, it is a well written, well researched book, not only thought provoking, but inspirational too!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Billie,

In addition to Bob's excellent From Hell, you might check out Garry Wroe's Person or Persons Unknown which can be read in its entirety here:

Chapter 8, entitled "Parallax" outlines Hutchinson's candidacy.

There is also a recent podcast you may wish to listen to:

...in addition to numerous threads in the Suspects/Hutchinson forum.

All the best,
                    Ben

Comment

• Yes I've been on some other threads reading up a bit on Hutchinson - very suspect! Thanks for those links Ben.

Comment

• Two of Jacks victims are buried at Bunhill fields. Can't remember which ones...

Comment

• 'Er are they?

Comment

• You know that ending was freaking hysterical. Two cops, one old and out of shape go charging to the rescue against a slaughtering knife-wielding maniac--COMPLETELY UNARMED! What were they going to do--win the day by being proper and stiff upper lipped British at the bad guy?! What the hell! That was just too stupid of an ending. Not to mention I kept shouting "SHOOT HIM! WHY AREN'T YOU JUST SHOOTING HIM!!". Oh right...

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                              You know that ending was freaking hysterical. Two cops, one old and out of shape go charging to the rescue against a slaughtering knife-wielding maniac--COMPLETELY UNARMED! What were they going to do--win the day by being proper and stiff upper lipped British at the bad guy?! What the hell! That was just too stupid of an ending. Not to mention I kept shouting "SHOOT HIM! WHY AREN'T YOU JUST SHOOTING HIM!!". Oh right...
                              Based on recent performance...they'd have hit each other.........
                              Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                                'Er are they?
                                Not when I used to work round the corner...Lots of nice Cromwellians 'tho....
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X