No announcement yet.

Whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the screenshots, Rob. Much appreciated.

Did you see your book on it as well? I think I caught it about as often as my one.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Episode the Second

I’m afraid episode two was a bit of a let down; with some rather silly mistakes being made.

For example any military barracks in Britain would in today’s terrorist climate be sealed tight, and our good old soldier boy nipping over the railings would stand a good chance of getting a quick burst of 5.56mm up his backside.

Secondly when he got into the car the first thing that would have happened is the following officer would radio the cars index number back to base for identification, in this case it would have come back as belonging to a newspaper.

Third, all exits and entrances to Mitre Square would have been placed under surveillance, and that includes ones leading through shutters!

And finally dragging an eviscerated body into the square would have left a trail a blind man could have followed or at least a police dog that were remarkable by their absence. Come on chaps they even thought of that one in 1888!

Comment

• I think the word your having trouble with this time is ‘DRAMA’

Comment

• Just making notes for the final murder, how did you guys say it went again...

I was a bit gutted there was no double event, no writing on the wall, and no dog running off with the piece of apron!!

I was a bit shocked that the PCSO bit the bullet though!

I cannot understand why the two police officers lost the soldier, even though he wasn't that far in front, I know it is supposed to be suspensful, but when he vanished and reappeared, my wife and I were laughing!

Next week is the final episode, and I believe, at least judging by the trailers, the team get close, but Jack evades them, vanishing into the night!

(The DVD should arrive next week, I will peruse, watch any extras, and post a review)
          Regards Mike

Comment

• I must say I liked it. Ok, there are some mistakes, but I can live with that. I did wonder if the kidney would be posted! I'm interested in seeing if they follow the 'Mary was seen after the killing' line.

Comment

• Oh Gawd- I hope not!!!.........wonder if Diddles will get a few seconds of fame..................?
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• I'm just wondering if the pregnant police forensic woman will end up as a wrongly pregnant Mary Jane Kelly type victim, although Jen just thought she was fat

Comment

• Originally posted by Neal Shelden View Post
                  I'm just wondering if the pregnant police forensic woman will end up as a wrongly pregnant Mary Jane Kelly type victim, although Jen just thought she was fat
                  Funny you should mention that, my wife pointed out that she was pregnant, but I was too busy trying to see the body on the slab!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                    I’m afraid episode two was a bit of a let down; with some rather silly mistakes being made.

For example any military barracks in Britain would in today’s terrorist climate be sealed tight, and our good old soldier boy nipping over the railings would stand a good chance of getting a quick burst of 5.56mm up his backside.

Secondly when he got into the car the first thing that would have happened is the following officer would radio the cars index number back to base for identification, in this case it would have come back as belonging to a newspaper.

Third, all exits and entrances to Mitre Square would have been placed under surveillance, and that includes ones leading through shutters!

And finally dragging an eviscerated body into the square would have left a trail a blind man could have followed or at least a police dog that were remarkable by their absence. Come on chaps they even thought of that one in 1888!
                    exactly what I was thinking, that garage wouldve been sealed if not at the very least guarded - whoever left their post to arrest the watching ripperologist should be fired also - knowing what could happen. but as we were made aware the killing had already happened - I find it hard to believe however that using his own work van to kill and transport the victim is not a red herring - he MUST'VE known the area was covered by CCTV, why be so obvious unless it was designed to send the police off looking for that van on purpose?
                    Last edited by AdamWalsh; 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Just to pick up on Mike’s theme from last week the ratings did very well at 8.1 Million capturing 30% of the audience. Given last weeks hotly discussed ‘Snow’ factor it will be interesting to see what last nights ratings were. It would seem to be ITV’s most successful drama since Doc Martin last year.

It would appear that the public appetite for all that is ‘JtR’ continues to grow rather than diminish.

Pirate
                      Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 02-10-2009, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                        I cannot understand why the two police officers lost the soldier, even though he wasn't that far in front, I know it is supposed to be suspensful, but when he vanished and reappeared, my wife and I were laughing!
                        Where was that scene filmed? When the policeman-boy almost lost the solider and was spinning around. It had a strange inside a wasp nest look to it with carving on the ceiling, almost like a church.

JM

Comment

• Disappointed the Goulston Street graffito and apron was not duplicated.

I hope with the kidney sent to Phil Davis there is also a duplicate note attached. What is missing in this drama is the Ripper letters, fakes or not. If the 2009 killer starts up a letter writing caper it could make the whole case a lot more three dimensional.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                            Where was that scene filmed? When the policeman-boy almost lost the solider and was spinning around. It had a strange inside a wasp nest look to it with carving on the ceiling, almost like a church.

JM
                            It was really bright too, and yet very little shadows where cast, I would have thought they would have seen him, or even his shadow.

Perhaps he was waiting for them to catch up, as he was leading them into a trap!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post

JM
                              It could have been at the Crystal Palace high level station here:

Comment

• Originally posted by BillieHoliday View Post
                                It could have been at the Crystal Palace high level station here:

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/s...(2.1981)43.jpg
                                That might be, if the place has been renovated.

Thanks,

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X