No announcement yet.

Israel Schwartz Observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you all make of the newspaper account on the Prelude to a Scare thread that the police discredited Schwartz's story?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
      Bugger... I mean PC Smith, I'm in a tizzle today
      He could have been, but if PC Smith was passing the top of Berner St just after 01.00 am when he noticed all the commotion outside the gates to the club the timing of his beat ( Ripperologist Gavin Bromley) couldn`t allow him to be in Berner St at 12.45.
      Smith stated 12.35, which ties in with his beat distance.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        What do you all make of the newspaper account on the Prelude to a Scare thread that the police discredited Schwartz's story?
        c.d.
        I was unaware of it until I saw Simon`s post but I do that up until around the 7th Nov, both Anderson and Warren were still discussing the use of the word Lipski towards Schwartz.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
          If PC Smith walked down Berner St at 12.35, who did Mrs Mortimer hear walk past her door shortly before 12.45 am ? The only people we are aware of who walked down that side of Berner St at that time were BS Man and Schwartz.
          We don't know who Mrs Mortimer heard but my view is that she DID hear PC Smith, although she overestimated and exaggerated the amount of minutes between she heard those steps and when she went outside.
          Since Goldman stated that he passed Berner Street shortly before 1 am, it is reasonable to assume that she most likely went outside around 1.45 or shortly after. But even so, it would make the time schedule for the Schwartz incident and then a few minutes later for the killing of Stride to occur quite tight, regardless of allowing an error of a few minutes in either direction.

The couple seen by Brown were against the Board school, but around the corner from Berner St, in Fairclough St, out of view of Berner St.
          Brown was walking alongside Fairclough Street and most likely passed the crossing, with Berner Street being in his view. Please keep in mind that, although Brown doesn't appear to have been very observant, the Schwartz incident ocurred rather close to the intersection with Fairclough Street, not far up the street. No doubt Brown would have noticed it if it happened and if his timing was right.

As an aside,was Brown "Pipeman" ?
          He came out of a shop on Berner St at 12.45 and crossed the road, as Schwartz described ? Just a thought.
          Listen, Jon,

James Brown said that he had left his home in order to buy groceries at the chandler's shop at the corner of Berner Street-Fairclough Street at 12:45 but when he returned back home three or four minutes later (which would place us at about 12:49 or 12:50 cnsidering his timing is correct) he saw the couple by the Board School.
          He didn't see anyone else at this point, and it wasn't intil 15 minutes later that he heard screams and commotion.

James Brown was on his way home from a chandler's shop, and Pipeman most certainly didn't come out from any such thing. The idea that he came out from the pub on the corner is deriving from the dramatized Star article, not from the more credible statement he delivered to the police (where Pipeman is already standing by the house wall).
          To assume that Brown and Pipeman might have been the same man is a very strange interpretation - no doubt Brown was on the move alongside Fairclough Street and not standing by a house wall and later running after Schwartz.

All the best
          Last edited by Glenn Lauritz Andersson; 06-05-2008, 08:46 PM.
          The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Lauritz Andersson View Post
            We don't know who Mrs Mortimer heard but my view is that she DID hear PC Smith, although she overestimated and exaggerated the amount of minutes between she heard those steps and when she went outside.
            I just love it when I'm in total agreement with the grey mostache 'CHIEF'

Its Mrs Mortimers timing that is OUT.

Placing the Schwartz evidence much closer to the estimated time of death. Yes thank you Glenn, i would kiss you (but your a boy)

Of course Dan Norder will try and claim that this is a conspiracy and people are out to get 'him' but he is wrong...it is not a conspiracy

Comment

Of course Dan Norder will try and claim that this is a conspiracy and people are out to get 'him' but he is wrong...it is not a conspiracy
              Seriously, Jeff, how does that statement even make sense in your jumbled little brain? I haven't even posted in this thread, and you have no idea about what my opinions on any of these topics being discussed here are.

Is the problem here that you somehow confused yourself into thinking that Glenn's beliefs on this topic has any bearing on your claims in another thread that Anderson's Jewish witness was Schwartz and that that's what most people in this field think too? If that's what you are getting at, desperation to try to find anything you can to support yourself apparently has you grasping at straws again.

Dan Norder
              Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
              Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
                Seriously, Jeff, how does that statement even make sense in your jumbled little brain? I haven't even posted in this thread, and you have no idea about what my opinions on any of these topics being discussed here are.

Is the problem here that you somehow confused yourself into thinking that Glenn's beliefs on this topic has any bearing on your claims in another thread that Anderson's Jewish witness was Schwartz and that that's what most people in this field think too? If that's what you are getting at, desperation to try to find anything you can to support yourself apparently has you grasping at straws again.

Comment

I guess you've given up even pretending that your posts make any sense at all.

Dan Norder
                  Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                  Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

No Dan..I have only just started..my mission is clear...unfortuneately..RJ Palmer got there first on another thread..

But your weaseled words and miss-understanding of serious elliments of the Jack The Ripper case go on..

i will dismantle you..post by post

Sleep soundly tonight...

Comment

I just love it when I'm in total agreement with the grey mostache 'CHIEF'

Its Mrs Mortimers timing that is OUT.

Placing the Schwartz evidence much closer to the estimated time of death. Yes thank you Glenn, i would kiss you (but your a boy)

Hello

The problem with Mortimer`s timing being out is that when PC Smith walked down Berner St on Mortimer`s side of the street he saw Stride standing talking to a man on the opposite side of the road.

Mrs Mortimer did not see this couple.

Comment

Hello

The problem with Mortimer`s timing being out is that when PC Smith walked down Berner St on Mortimer`s side of the street he saw Stride standing talking to a man on the opposite side of the road.

Mrs Mortimer did not see this couple.
                        Well, we don't know how much time had floated between her hearing the footsteps of the PC and her going out. The couple could of course had vanished before she came out.
                        Mortimer's timing must have been out to some degree because she didn't see anyone expect Leon Goldstein and she most certainly couldn't have been outside as long as she said she was (because if she did she would have seen Stride's killer - or even Stride herself - on Berner Street at some point).

All the best
                        Last edited by Glenn Lauritz Andersson; 06-10-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Hey Glenn are you not watching the football?

Comment

Hey Observer,

I am not a great sports fan, but yes I have been watching it. However, when I wrote the last post the match hadn't started quite yet.

All the best

Comment

Good result for Sweden all the same Glenn

Observer

Comment

Hello

Having recently re-read Sugdens rather persuasive take on Marshall`s man, PC Smiths man and Schwartz` man all being B.S. Man. If this were the case, where does Liz loose PC Smith man and crosses the road to the Club gates to be accosted by BS Man ?

Does the following seems reasonable ?

PC Smith walks down Berner St seeing Stride and companion standing on the opposite side of the road a little further north of the club. When he passes Liz and companion stroll across the road to the club gates.

What Schwartz actually sees when he turns into Berner St is BS Man (or PC Smith`s man) crossing the road to the club gates to join Liz, after waiting for the Smith to pass on his beat.

Any comments on this scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X