X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Bowyer believe it.

Thomas Bowyer...

How much do we really know about him?

Mary Jane Kelly - not her real name and her life a mystery prior to Miller's Court
    George Hutchinson - only exists as an alleged witness for this murder - therefore likely not his real name
    Thomas Bowyer - Relatively unknown and little known about his life.

Why is there so much mystery and inconsistency surrounding Bowyer and Hutchinson?

And clashing witness statements regarding time of death and last sightings by various other witnesses?

There's more going on here than we realize...

And so, what do really know about Thomas Bowyer?

Or should I say "Indian Harry?"

Or perhaps, Henry?

Henry Bowyer?

Thoughts?

RD
    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
    Thomas Bowyer...

Mary Jane Kelly - not her real name and her life a mystery prior to Miller's Court
    George Hutchinson - only exists as an alleged witness for this murder - therefore likely not his real name

Why is there so much mystery and inconsistency surrounding Bowyer and Hutchinson?

And clashing witness statements regarding time of death and last sightings by various other witnesses?

Or perhaps, Henry?

Henry Bowyer?

Thoughts?

RD
    Is there really mystery about him, or is it just that we don't know very much about him, just as we don't know very much about most common people that lived over 100 years ago?

Comment

Thomas Bowyer...

Or perhaps, Henry?

Henry Bowyer?

Thoughts?

RD
      Are you familiar with Howards Forum?

The first few pages offer partial results of various searches for Bowyer in the Census Records.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        Thank you so much for this link. I've worked through it and what a brilliant thread!

I must confess that i was unaware that there was ANOTHER forum?!

How have I not known this for all this time?

May I ask, what are the main differences between this forum and the forum containing the thread from the link you sent above?

I have been missing out on so much it seems.

The link was brilliant, thanks again!

RD

Comment

Thank you so much for this link. I've worked through it and what a brilliant thread!

I must confess that i was unaware that there was ANOTHER forum?!

How have I not known this for all this time?

May I ask, what are the main differences between this forum and the forum containing the thread from the link you sent above?

I have been missing out on so much it seems.

The link was brilliant, thanks again!

RD
          Howard prides himself on a forum that focuses more on research, and he doesn't permit squabbling of any kind.
          Here, the bar for contentious debate is set a little higher, but even the Wicked Witch has her limit, you'll know if you get near it.
          Last edited by Wickerman; 09-01-2023, 05:54 PM.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Howard prides himself on a forum that focuses more on research, and he doesn't permit squabbling of any kind.
            Here, the bar for contentious debate is set a little higher, but even the Wicked Witch has her limit, you'll know if you get near it.
            Well the thread conversation on the link you sent was absolutely brilliant and I could tell from reading through the thread that there was a lot of mutual respect and I really liked.

I did notice that the particular thread did seem to just stop right at the point it was really getting somewhere and I think there's more to discover about Bowyer.

Thank you for your help and guidance, very much appreciated.

RD

Comment

You're very welcome my friend.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
              X