No announcement yet.

The elusive George Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunny, I was rash in my comments to you. What plagues Ripperology, in my opinion, is the reluctance to use real data and then explore the unknown with it. I think almost everyone here knows that the basic principle of a single serial killer of five has been unprovable. Almost nothing in these cases is actual verified empirical evidence, particularly when it comes to the witnesses. But the legend, or the mythology, persists. We cant prove it, but the contemporary police thought this or that, or this press clipping answers that question with integrity and finality, so we must start with using all the data. Well, we havent moved far past that point and still use some witness claims.. that cannot be validated.. as foundation material. There are no real, trustworthy foundations yet.

George Hutchinson is someone we still cannot identify finally in any records searched for and discovered by those who toil in those fields, bless em. When the best of these researchers have not claimed to have found him, we must wonder whether his story to us is fiction or fact. I cite his time delay as good evidence that his true objective when talking to Abberline that Monday night is not obvious, or clear, but we can say it was not because he wanted to aid the police searching for her brutal murderer. He would have some forward that night, or the next day. Knowing that his supposed clues have time limits on their real value to the case.

She died early Friday morning and he came in on Monday evening. With a story that, if true, it was a huge opportunity to get a sense of her killer, by dress, by manner, and by association. The description, the details are incredible. But even if he did see Astrakan with Mary he had to know that by Monday night that man could be anywhere. Literally. So, What hope might that bring to the investigators? What value did it have after some days simmering on the stove? I submit that his alleged friendly manner with Mary.. alluding to a friendly or acquaintance-like rapport with her, is not why he came in. I think that there is no evidence that might exclude his claiming the role of Sarah Lewis's Wideawake Hat Man as his goal. If that is the real reason he comes in, then why would he do so? As I said, Warrens last official signing was that Pardon for Accomplices on Saturday afternoon. They had never before entertained that idea seriously. Wideawake Hat man gave them that suggestion. And George changed the veneer of that man with his assuming that role at that location on that night. He was now a friend looking out for a friend, just to be sure she was safe, you know.

Maybe now you can see why I run with ideas some times, Im not held back by people like George, or Israel, or Joseph Lawende, or Mrs Long, or Carrie Maxwell, or listen to the contradictory comments from the insiders of the cases, the men running the show. You have to have clean data or its gigo.

Remember, our pal Abberline of Penetrating Gaze, London, also claimed Chapmans story just "dovetailed" for him, after he was executed. He says then that Chapman was the Ripper. Then others say they got him and locked him away, or that they never knew anything tangible, or that it was a conspiracy..a hot potato...

People say lots of things for lots of different reasons. Sorry for the long wind of the truth.
    Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
      Sunny, I was rash in my comments to you. What plagues Ripperology, in my opinion, is the reluctance to use real data and then explore the unknown with it. I think almost everyone here knows that the basic principle of a single serial killer of five has been unprovable. Almost nothing in these cases is actual verified empirical evidence, particularly when it comes to the witnesses. But the legend, or the mythology, persists. We cant prove it, but the contemporary police thought this or that, or this press clipping answers that question with integrity and finality, so we must start with using all the data. Well, we havent moved far past that point and still use some witness claims.. that cannot be validated.. as foundation material. There are no real, trustworthy foundations yet.

George Hutchinson is someone we still cannot identify finally in any records searched for and discovered by those who toil in those fields, bless em. When the best of these researchers have not claimed to have found him, we must wonder whether his story to us is fiction or fact. I cite his time delay as good evidence that his true objective when talking to Abberline that Monday night is not obvious, or clear, but we can say it was not because he wanted to aid the police searching for her brutal murderer. He would have some forward that night, or the next day. Knowing that his supposed clues have time limits on their real value to the case.

She died early Friday morning and he came in on Monday evening. With a story that, if true, it was a huge opportunity to get a sense of her killer, by dress, by manner, and by association. The description, the details are incredible. But even if he did see Astrakan with Mary he had to know that by Monday night that man could be anywhere. Literally. So, What hope might that bring to the investigators? What value did it have after some days simmering on the stove? I submit that his alleged friendly manner with Mary.. alluding to a friendly or acquaintance-like rapport with her, is not why he came in. I think that there is no evidence that might exclude his claiming the role of Sarah Lewis's Wideawake Hat Man as his goal. If that is the real reason he comes in, then why would he do so? As I said, Warrens last official signing was that Pardon for Accomplices on Saturday afternoon. They had never before entertained that idea seriously. Wideawake Hat man gave them that suggestion. And George changed the veneer of that man with his assuming that role at that location on that night. He was now a friend looking out for a friend, just to be sure she was safe, you know.

Maybe now you can see why I run with ideas some times, Im not held back by people like George, or Israel, or Joseph Lawende, or Mrs Long, or Carrie Maxwell, or listen to the contradictory comments from the insiders of the cases, the men running the show. You have to have clean data or its gtedigo.

Remember, our pal Abberline of Penetrating Gaze, London, also claimed Chapmans story just "dovetailed" for him, after he was executed. He says then that Chapman was the Ripper. Then others say they got him and locked him away, or that they never knew anything tangible, or that it was a conspiracy..a hot potato...

People say lots of things for lots of different reasons. Sorry for the long wind of the truth.
      Well said Michael.

George Hutchinson;
      For a man who claims to be a witness and who comes across as being the concerned friend to a woman who is subsequently slaughtered, butchered, and obliterated...to leave it a few days before coming forward to give his account, to then give an exceptionally detailed and exaggerated description...and then furthermore; leave behind absolutely no paper trail over time i.e. no census data, no birth certificate, no death record, no electoral role data...

This guy warrants further scrutiny.

If we were to get a list of every single George Hutchinson and then painstakingly sift through that list...i would imagine that it would feel like chasing shadows.

What's much more likely is that George Hutchinson wasn't his real name...although he signs his name on the statements.

I still believe there's a chance it could be George William Topping Hutchinson, because the signature on his marriage certificate closely matches one of the signatures on the statement...
      The only issue relates to the difference in working roles. The witness George Hutchinson is said to have been a groom and/or labourer. However, George William Topping Hutchinson was a plumber, as was his father and his father before that.
      He also had a sister called Jane.

When we compare Hutchinson to another witness like Lechmere, the difference in what we know is staggering. We can pretty much build an entire life story for Lechmere/Cross...because he left a paper trail like everyone else.
      Whereas George Hutchinson only seems to exist within the parameters of the JTR case...and that is suspicious enough as it is.

TRD
      "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Working...
      X