Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what happened to Charlotte Colville (Coldwell)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what happened to Charlotte Colville (Coldwell)

I've read the story in the Lloyds Weekly printed 2nd Sept 1888 and the confusions surrounding her surname but anyone know what became of her?
    There had been some discussion that she lived at 72 or 72 Brady Street and that she may have been related to Charles Cross (i am basing this on my memory so apologizes if I got it wrong) just curious what happened to this young witness.

I am 11 years of age, and sleep with my mother. Early this (Friday) morning before it was light. I heard terrible cries of “Murder! Murder! Police! Murder! They seemed a good way down Brady Street to the right, where the marks of bloody hands are. Then the sounds came up the street towards our house, and I heard a scuffling and bumping against our shutters. I got out of bed and woke my mother. The woman kept on calling out “Murder!Police! and the sounds went on in the direction of Bucks’ Row, where the body was found. I am sure the first sounds seemed to come from where the blood stains are on the wall”

These two pages should have the answer you're looking for:

Discussion of the numerous "witnesses" who gave their testimony either to the press or the police during the murder spree.

https://www.jtrforums.com/forum/on-t...e14#post423533

Comment

Working...
    X