Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Wasn't Hutchinson used to try to ID Kosminski?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulB View Post

AL Bundy's Eyes - that's my view too.

The forensic document examiner was satisfied that the marginalia was written in its entirety by Swanson. Trevor can't accept it. He doesn't want the marginalia to be authentic. It's as simple as that. He's repeated the same arguments for years and years, and has nothing to back up anything he says; not that he ever says very much beyond flogging a horse that isn't just dead, it's crumbling, white bones.

It doesn't matter to me, or Adam, whether the marginalia is authentic or not. We don't have any favoured theory resting on it. We, are just trying to make sense of a source, just like you and almost everyone else. I think everything has been done to authenticate the marginalia, including test undertaken in an effort to satisfy Trevor's meanderings, and Adam and Keith Skinner put it all into a deeply researched paper in Ripperologist a little while back, and updated it in the podcast you mentioned. It's all there, open for examination.

Until someone can show that the marginalia is fake in part or in whole, it has to stand as a genuine source telling a story that it's author, Swanson, believed to be true. If the story was clear and straightforward, we wouldn't be having this exchange. Sadly, it isn't, so we have to try to understand it. As you say, something actually happened even if it doesn't make sense to us.
    It's not me personally wanting it to not be authentic its all the facts that surround the marginalia and incorporates Kosminski as a suspect, and all the facts surrounding the ID parade put all the minus point together and you have one hell of a problem in stating that the marginalia is authentic in part or in full, and the contents are a true and accurate record of events that happened as described. There are more holes in the story than there are in a cullender

My remit from day one all those years ago was to prove or disprove the old accepted facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
      I meant to say it was Adams article in Ripperologist that shed an interesting light on things. The podcasts are good too, but I highly recommend the article first, in case anyone might have missed it.

Ripperologist - It's a free, PDF format magazine emailed directly every (insert rough publication schedule here), featuring quality articles by leading authors and researchers, all skillfully edited and tastefully presented. Get your copy now!

(Paul, when do I get that tenner?)
      I'll ask Adam to get onto Accounts pdq.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

It's not me personally wanting it to not be authentic its all the facts that surround the marginalia and incorporates Kosminski as a suspect, and all the facts surrounding the ID parade put all the minus point together and you have one hell of a problem in stating that the marginalia is authentic in part or in full, and the contents are a true and accurate record of events that happened as described. There are more holes in the story than there are in a cullender

My remit from day one all those years ago was to prove or disprove the old accepted facts.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        That might have been your remit, but you not proving or disproving anything. You're just repeating the same things. People can go and look. If you had preented any evidence in support of what you keep on asserting, I assume you'd have presented it by now. But you haven't, so I guess you don't have any. If anyone wants to see the facts, they're all there in the Ripperologist article by Adam and Keith that Al has so generously mentioned. The balls in your court, so put up or shut up. And please just give facts, not your usual rhetoric.

Comment

I may doubt that Jack the Ripper killed Eddows, or that he killed Kelly.

But never doubt that Kosminski was a strong police suspect who got identified by a fellow jew witness.

Of course in such world where we find some people who believe the Mybrick Diary is authentic, it is normal to find some who say that the head officers of the Whitechapel murders investigations were just liars.

The Baron

Comment

The police were issued notebooks for house to house inquiries, in which, of course, they would list all the investigations made. During the October house to house inquiries they investigated 'the case of every man in the district whose circumstances were such that he could go and come and get rid of his blood-stains in secret.

And thats when they found Kosminski.

The Baron

Comment

Except that Kosminski didn't live in the area where the house-to-house inquiries were made.

Your move.
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Except that you are referring to Aaron, whom you dont know where he did live during the house to house inquiries been made.

Do you have a definite proof that the Kosminski mentioned by Swanson and Macnaghten was Aaron?!

Let me guess, you didn't do any private Asylums research

Your move.

The Baron
                Last edited by The Baron; 07-16-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

As a matter of fact I did, but it was fruitless. I also followed up on Martin Fido's research, and he was right. The only Kosminski to enter the asylum system did not do so until Aaron Kosminski, a Polish Jew, was committed to Colney Hatch Lunatic Asylum on 7th February 1891, two months before Big Mac took notice of a second person to be added to his list of Ripper suspects.

The Seaside Home ID is purely for the gullible.

Have fun.

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Harry Cox:

"We had many people under observation while the murders were being perpetrated, but it was not until the discovery of the body of Mary Kelly had been made that we seemed to get upon the trail. Certain investigations made by several of our cleverest detectives made it apparent to us that a man living in the East End of London was not unlikely to have been connected with the crimes.

To understand the reason we must first of all understand the motive of the Whitechapel crimes. The motive was, there can not be the slightest doubt, revenge. Not merely revenge on the few poor unfortunate victims of the knife, but revenge on womankind. It was not a lust for blood, as many people have imagined.
                    "

-He had great hatred of women, specially the prostitute class. Macnaghten

The Baron

Comment

• Kosminski does tick a few boxes to make him a very interesting person in regards the Ripper murders. He lived locally and would have known the layout well, his family were tailors so certainly well off(for AK man subscribers), in 1889 he was mentally capable enough to appear in court- his deterioration mentally occurs mid 1890, Swanson names him as someone identified by a witness, McNaghten named him as a person with strong homicidal tendancies and hatred towards women and Prostitutes, he took a knife and threatened his sisters life. Here we have a man of true interest but there is no smoking gun. However of all those who served on the case Walter Dew I feel was the most honest and authoritive. He never even mentioned him........
                      Last edited by Sunny Delight; 07-16-2020, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post

That might have been your remit, but you not proving or disproving anything. You're just repeating the same things. People can go and look. If you had preented any evidence in support of what you keep on asserting, I assume you'd have presented it by now. But you haven't, so I guess you don't have any. If anyone wants to see the facts, they're all there in the Ripperologist article by Adam and Keith that Al has so generously mentioned. The balls in your court, so put up or shut up. And please just give facts, not your usual rhetoric.
                        I have posted the evidence many times on here so I do not intend to post it over and over again as there is far too much detail to post in full here.

It is also to be found in lengthy chapters on Kosminski, and The Marginlia in my book Jack the Ripper-The real truth

Now I have put up I suggest you shut up and drop that supercillious arrogant attitude you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny Delight View Post
                          Kosminski does tick a few boxes to make him a very interesting person in regards the Ripper murders. He lived locally and would have known the layout well, his family were tailors so certainly well off(for AK man subscribers), in 1889 he was mentally capable enough to appear in court- his deterioration mentally occurs mid 1890, Swanson names him as someone identified by a witness, McNaghten named him as a person with strong homicidal tendancies and hatred towards women and Prostitutes, he took a knife and threatened his sisters life. Here we have a man of true interest but there is no smoking gun. However of all those who served on the case Walter Dew I feel was the most honest and authoritive. He never even mentioned him........
                          Nor do any of the other officers who were actively involved. So we have a man named Kosminski with no Christian name, who could be anybody, who is first mentioned by Macnaghten, then exonerated by him at a later date. A man who is a prime suspect yet no one else mentions him by his full name, or as a suspect, and Swanson is the only other person to mention him at all in connection with a dubious ID parade

Then we have Macnaghten who was Swansons immediate superior who mentions nothing about any ID parade involving the man he has exonerated. Is it any wonder all of this business with Kosminski and the marginalis is questionable

Comment

• There was also Aberline,who claimed there was no suspect,no evidence against anyone.He surely would have known.It is not the amount of information for an identification that is telling,but the lack of support for the little information that's put forward.All thats been claimed is a meeting took place.Officialy there are no details,no names given that can be verified.Seaside home means what? A home by the sea,or premises bearing the name Seaside.When did this identification take place? No one seems to know.Strange,for an event that is supposed to mean so much.Kosminski was the suspect.Was Swanson present at the meeting?How did he conjure up this name.The most important person at the meeting was the witness,yet of him we know nothing.Absolutely nothing.Why should that be.Can the believers enlighten us?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
                              I may doubt that Jack the Ripper killed Eddows, or that he killed Kelly.

But never doubt that Kosminski was a strong police suspect who got identified by a fellow jew witness.

Of course in such world where we find some people who believe the Mybrick Diary is authentic, it is normal to find some who say that the head officers of the Whitechapel murders investigations were just liars.

The Baron
                              But some provably were Baron. And ALL of them used deceit and secrecy as part of their normal day jobs. They (Monro) even kept secrets from some VIP's who had been specifically threatened by terrorist factions, unbeknownst to them. The only way I can reconcile so many different opinions from the senior men here is that some intentionally mislead the public though the press.

Last edited by Michael W Richards; 07-17-2020, 10:54 AM.
                              Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
                                Harry Cox:

"We had many people under observation while the murders were being perpetrated, but it was not until the discovery of the body of Mary Kelly had been made that we seemed to get upon the trail. Certain investigations made by several of our cleverest detectives made it apparent to us that a man living in the East End of London was not unlikely to have been connected with the crimes.

To understand the reason we must first of all understand the motive of the Whitechapel crimes. The motive was, there can not be the slightest doubt, revenge. Not merely revenge on the few poor unfortunate victims of the knife, but revenge on womankind. It was not a lust for blood, as many people have imagined.
                                "

-He had great hatred of women, specially the prostitute class. Macnaghten

The Baron
                                "not unlikely"....revenge on all women......what a crock.
                                Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X