Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Wasn't Hutchinson used to try to ID Kosminski?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

    It's easy to see who is paying attention, and who isn't
    for a well balanced post!

    Thank you Wickerman. I have always been intrigued by Sarah Lewis suspect. He bears a real resemblence to AK man as well but the timings are off. He is a very interesting footnote in the Ripper case- something about him draws my attention.

    For instance:

    Hutchinson vs Lewis suspect

    Hutchinson- 35-40 years old

    Lewis- 40 years old

    Hutchinson- Pale Complexion

    Lewis- Pale Complexion

    Hutchinson- Moustache

    Lewis- Black Moustache

    Hutchinson-5 ft 6 in

    Lewis- Short in height

    Hutchinson- Carried Parcel with a strap

    Lewis- Carried a bag

    Hutchinson- Very respectable appearance

    Lewis- Respectable Appearance

    Could it have been the same man? We will never kno but it does intrigue me.
    Last edited by Sunny Delight; 07-21-2020, 07:39 PM.

    Comment


    • Hello, Sunny,

      Here's three descriptions of Astrakhan Man, each of them from George Hutchinson.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	GH DIFFERENCES.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	737854

      Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Hello, Sunny,

        Here's three descriptions of Astrakhan Man, each of them from George Hutchinson.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	GH DIFFERENCES.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	737854

        Simon

        Yeah not too much difference considering we don't know how much the press removed due to space constraints maybe. It looks fairly consistent. Thanks for this.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          Hello, Sunny,

          Here's three descriptions of Astrakhan Man, each of them from George Hutchinson.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	GH DIFFERENCES.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	737854

          Simon
          Ex-Detective Inspector, London City Police Harry Cox described the suspect they had under surveillance as a 5'6 Jew with short curly black hair who worked out of a shop in the area. Rob House's book makes the case that Kosminksi is the man he's describing.

          Comment


          • I am repeating from what experts say about walking long distances.We only have Hutchinson's word that he travelled to Romford and returned that day,a combined distance of about 24 miles,which in that day or this would be a very rare occurance.Followed of course by a vigil in Dorset street,then another couple of hours walking around Whitechapel.A remarkable feat by any standards,and for what reason? How many hours on his feet? No money to buy food or drink on the way back.Remember he said he had spent all of his money going down to Romford.
            No ,I do not believe it,and I believe little of the other claims he made.There is no way his claims could be disputed when interviewed by Aberline,so that person was fair in his assessment,but then Aberline only offered an opinion of truthhfullness,and like any other opinion,there leaves room for doubt.

            Comment


            • Wickerman,
              The comparrison of the olmypics was to show that even trained persons,when performing feats that require stamina,and are regular and natural for them,can suffer extreme mental and physical damage when put to the test.There is nothing to show Hutchinson was a regular distance walker.The rest of what I have said can be found on the net.Read it,then come back and say I am wrong.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tecs View Post
                Without referring to any particular poster, regarding Mrs Maxwell I'm just glad I wasn't a witness at the time trying to simply get across what I saw, only for some keyboard "detective" to decide 130 years later that I was drunk, mistaken, scatty, attention seeking, lying or whatever else has been thrown.

                Maxwell turned up at the inquest and stood up in the most hostile environment, even being warned about her evidence, and stuck to her story rigidly. Plus, other people also said they saw Mary after she is supposed to be dead.

                Regarding "hardly knew her" Well, there's a lady who moved in over the road from me a few months ago. I've never spoken to her and don't know her name but I would recognise her clearly.

                And I know I've said this before, but for those who think she got the day wrong just think what her week was.

                Boring mundane monotony.
                Boring mundane monotony.
                Boring mundane monotony.
                Lord Mayor's show and neighbour killed by Jack the Ripper.
                Boring mundane monotony.
                Boring mundane monotony. etc.

                She misremembered the day. Really?

                If you're going to dismiss her and her evidence because it doesn't fit what you think you know, fine.

                But dismiss Lawende, Schwartz, Long, in fact everything.

                We need to realise that Ripperology does not fit into a nice box with a lid that fits and a pretty ribbon!

                And everything about Maxwell applies to Hutchinson too.

                regards

                ​​
                To add to your list.

                1 - Maxwell couldn't possibly have got the day wrong, it was the same day. She saw Kelly that Friday morning, and was interviewed by police & press that same afternoon.
                2 - Maxwell saw Kelly while on her errand to the milk shop for hubby's breakfast. The man at the milk shop confirmed she had been there that morning.

                I'm being devils advocate here, I don't think she saw Kelly, she saw someone who looked like her, but I do believe she was convinced of who she saw and she had the right day.
                Regards, Jon S.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by harry View Post
                  Wickerman,
                  The comparrison of the olmypics was to show that even trained persons,when performing feats that require stamina,and are regular and natural for them,can suffer extreme mental and physical damage when put to the test.There is nothing to show Hutchinson was a regular distance walker.The rest of what I have said can be found on the net.Read it,then come back and say I am wrong.
                  Harry, forget your so-called experts.
                  I suggest you read up on the 19th century social conditions, especially on how common it was for 'common folk' to have to walk tens if not hundreds of miles for work. Look up the witness Emanuel Violenia, sure he turned out to have lied to police about who he saw, but my point is him and his family walked to London from Manchester.
                  Regards, Jon S.

                  Comment


                  • Wickerman,
                    I do not have to read about 19th century conditions.My parents,my grandparents,uncles and aunts,school teachers too,were all born and brought up in Victorian times.I learned from them as well,But look, you say forget my so-callled experts.I will willingly, if you will give up your sources.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by harry View Post
                      Wickerman,
                      I do not have to read about 19th century conditions.My parents,my grandparents,uncles and aunts,school teachers too,were all born and brought up in Victorian times.I learned from them as well,But look, you say forget my so-callled experts.I will willingly, if you will give up your sources.

                      Wasn't Hutchinson described as having 'a military appearance'. Maybe he was military and physically fit. I just can't see how something that was so common seems so incredible to you? People literally had no other option but to walk.

                      Comment


                      • Seems so common.Then tell me of one person that you know did it,and i'll tell you twelve that didn't.Tell me of one source that says it was common,and I'll refer you to a dozen that says otherwise.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by harry View Post
                          Seems so common.Then tell me of one person that you know did it,and i'll tell you twelve that didn't.Tell me of one source that says it was common,and I'll refer you to a dozen that says otherwise.

                          How far did Catherine Eddowes walk to go hop picking?

                          Comment


                          • I do not know.I only know that she claimed to have walked back,but over what period of time .Not even sure it was all the way either. To get back to 'Common'.All people,one in three perhaps,or what figure do you suggest?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by harry View Post
                              I do not know.I only know that she claimed to have walked back,but over what period of time .Not even sure it was all the way either. To get back to 'Common'.All people,one in three perhaps,or what figure do you suggest?

                              Eddowes and Kelly walked for 11 hours from Hunton to Whitechapel. 4 hours compared to that would be but a mere stroll for fresh air.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sunny Delight View Post


                                Eddowes and Kelly walked for 11 hours from Hunton to Whitechapel. 4 hours compared to that would be but a mere stroll for fresh air.
                                Makes you wonder if that explains him popping his boots at the end of it. Blessed relief.
                                Thems the Vagaries.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X