Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi RD
    Just a quick note-
    The Bacherts were Lutherans and Albert was baptised at the German Lutheran Church at Little Allie Street, Whitechapel, as were all his siblings. His father John/Johan gave his place of birth as Mecklenburg, Germany on the 1871 census. I believe that in this part of Germany the protestant Lutheran Church was the main church although there were much smaller numbers of Roman Catholics and Jews. Bachert's mother was from Hanover in Germany.
    Last edited by Debra A; 07-12-2024, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
      Hi RD
      Just a quick note-
      The Bacherts were Lutherans and Albert was baptised at the German Lutheran Church at Little Allie Street, Whitechapel, as were all his siblings. His father John/Johan gave his place of birth as Mecklenburg, Germany on the 1871 census. I believe that in this part of Germany the protestant Lutheran Church was the main church although there were much smaller numbers of Roman Catholics and Jews.
      Hi Debra

Thank you for your post; you are course completely correct and it's something I failed to highlight in my post.
      Albert and his siblings and parents were indeed all Lutheran Protestants; ergo, Christians.

It was Johann's mother's lineage who were descended from German Ashkenazi Jews, and so although Albert was indeed NOT Jewish in the sense that he was baptised as a Christian and his parents and his uncles/aunts were all Christian; his paternal grandmother and her ancestors were of Jewish descent.

Albert's paternal Grandmother being of Jewish descent is something that Bachert appears to have never accepted and this perhaps stems from his relationship with his father.

Jakob Weiss was Albert's Great Grandfather (his paternal Grandmother's father) and was of German Jewish descent.

But my post was misleading and I should have mentioned that Albert was absolutely a Lutheran Christian first and foremost.

Thank you for correcting me and highlighting a crucial point that is needed for accurate context.

RD
      "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

Hi Debra

Thank you for your post; you are course completely correct and it's something I failed to highlight in my post.
        Albert and his siblings and parents were indeed all Lutheran Protestants; ergo, Christians.

It was Johann's mother's lineage who were descended from German Ashkenazi Jews, and so although Albert was indeed NOT Jewish in the sense that he was baptised as a Christian and his parents and his uncles/aunts were all Christian; his paternal grandmother and her ancestors were of Jewish descent.

Albert's paternal Grandmother being of Jewish descent is something that Bachert appears to have never accepted and this perhaps stems from his relationship with his father.

Jakob Weiss was Albert's Great Grandfather (his paternal Grandmother's father) and was of German Jewish descent.

But my post was misleading and I should have mentioned that Albert was absolutely a Lutheran Christian first and foremost.

Thank you for correcting me and highlighting a crucial point that is needed for accurate context.

RD
        Hi Chris
        Thanks for your reply.
        I have only ever gone as far back as Albert's father, John/Johannes Lutheran baptism in 1832. The fact that he was baptised in a Lutheran church seems to suggest his mother was not a practicing Jew, even if she was of Jewish descent, which I don't know if she was or not.
        Last edited by Debra A; 07-12-2024, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• But is 'the Ripper profile' an accurate one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
            But is 'the Ripper profile' an accurate one?
            Hi Scott

Which profile are you talking about?

Cheers John

Comment

• Sorry John,

It was a question to RD.

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
              The more one looks at Bachert, the more he feels like a man who fits into the Ripper profile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                But is 'the Ripper profile' an accurate one?
                I believe Scott that the "profile" of the person responsible has never been clearly articulated by any serious researcher, so there really is no single accepted "profile" as such. What is possible to know is what he does when he chooses a victim, if you are willing to use an apples to apples approach that is.

I dont believe this killer changed anything major from his first kill to his last, ..... I dont think that killers usually abandon their primary motivations for killing, though they may change the methodology.
                Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                X