Caroline Maxwell Alibi ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJA View Post
    29/10/1888 from 14 Dorset Street Spitalfields.
    Cheers Dave
    Point of interest that Eddowes had connections to Yarmouth .Eldest was born there .
    Another one of those oddities ....
    You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

There are many coincidences in Jack the Ripper's story.

Some are simply that,some really add up.

There was a rumor that Eddowes had, at one stage, slept in Dorset Street.
      I suspect she returned from Kent a day or two before recorded.
      Last edited by DJA; 06-15-2018, 03:21 PM. Reason: Spelling.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

There are many coincidents in Jack the Ripper's story.

Some are simply that,some really add up.

There was a rumor that Eddowes had, at one stage, slept in Dorset Street.
        I suspect she returned from Kent a day or two before recorded.
        Yep .... she slept at ' the warehouse '
        26 Dorset Street
        Yep , admittedly the yarmouth link almost certainly would be coincidence ....many other incidents are not

Comment

Think it was a residency built over stables, next door to Millers Court.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
            C 1881, Kuhne suggested Rigor was caused by a chemical act involving myosin. I'm not sure if he had it exactly, but was he along the right lines?
            Yes, myosin fibers.
            I've also seen is suggested that the cramp we get periodically, which is due in part to a buildup of lactic acid, also is a contributing factor in Rigor Mortis.
            There are contesting opinions on this.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

In a thoroughfare full of common lodging houses, housing the best part of a thousand people, it's hardly surprising if more than one Ripper victim had some connection to Dorset Street, or "Dosset Street" as it was sometimes known.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                Yes, myosin fibers.
                I've also seen is suggested that the cramp we get periodically, which is due in part to a buildup of lactic acid, also is a contributing factor in Rigor Mortis.
                There are contesting opinions on this.
                Thanks, Jon.
                The knowledge about it being a chemical process was out there then?

Kühne's ideas were picked up by the Lancet by 81 and also Charles Meymott Tidy, chemist, solicitor, author of a popular 80's medical jurisprudence text and public health and analyst for the City of London in the mid eighties,(taken over by Sedgewick Saunders) also referenced Kühne and the Lancet article in his jurisprudence text on the chapter dealing with rigor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  In a thoroughfare full of common lodging houses, housing the best part of a thousand people, it's hardly surprising if more than one Ripper victim had some connection to Dorset Street, or "Dosset Street" as it was sometimes known.
                  Four in Dorset Street and two in Flower and Dean,not to mention Thrawl Street.

Eddowes and Nichols were probably Jack's inpatients together in 1867/68 with Rheumatic fever,caused by Strep pyogenes which takes up residence in the intestines.

Nichols moves in next door to Eddowes.
                  Eddowes goes hopping and days later Nichols is killed.

Nichols and Chapman both killed around Hanbury Street,Jack's route home from London Hospital.

Next street after Hanbury is Spital Square where Dr Phillips resided.
                  Street after that is Primrose,where the parents of a child who lived with Hutchinson lived.

Eddowes returns for a reward,thinking she knows who Jack is.

All coincidences

Suspect Maxwell had her days mixed up.

Comment

All coincidences
                    Yes, almost certainly.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Especially the wounds to the lower abdomens of Nichols and Eddowes

Comment

Yet, two women arriving at No.2 Millers Court, 30 minutes apart is too much of a coincidence to believe????
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                          Thanks, Jon.
                          The knowledge about it being a chemical process was out there then?

Kühne's ideas were picked up by the Lancet by 81 and also Charles Meymott Tidy, chemist, solicitor, author of a popular 80's medical jurisprudence text and public health and analyst for the City of London in the mid eighties,(taken over by Sedgewick Saunders) also referenced Kühne and the Lancet article in his jurisprudence text on the chapter dealing with rigor.
                          Thankyou Debs.

Have you happened to see any papers on the topic (like you mention above) explaining how they understood this effect to work in 1888?
                          I don't see anything at present.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            Yet, two women arriving at No.2 Millers Court, 30 minutes apart is too much of a coincidence to believe????
                            Keyler and Lewis?

Comment

Suspect Maxwell had her days mixed up.
                              This is without a doubt the lamest excuse for dismissing the most reliable of witnesses to fit into a theory .
                              For those people on that street that discovery was a 9/11 moment ..... you don't get that day wrong
                              Has anyone ever suggested similar with any other witness ?
                              "Oooh , I can't make her fit, let's brand her a complete imbecile , then we can write off Maurice Lewis as he wasn't called to the inquest and ignore the unnamed witness in the times , jobs a good un" Ripperology at its finest 😀

Comment

I just threw that in so as to be on topic

Comment

Working...
                                X