torso maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I could do Rocky. I keep saying that I’m going try and re-connect and catch up. It’s just finding time away from my slight (and far too expensive) Conan Doyle/Sherlock Holmes obsession (I mean interest.)
    Well ponder my question to sam before returns. Why do Polly Nichols and the Pinchin torso both have abdominal incisions, yet no organs removed?

There were no injuries about the body until just about the lower part of the abdomen. Two or three inches from the left side was a wound running in a jagged manner. The wound was a very deep one, and the tissues were cut through. There were several incisions running across the abdomen. There were three or four similar cuts running downwards, on the right side, all of which had been caused by a knife which had been used violently and downwards. the injuries were form left to right and might have been done by a left handed person. All the injuries had been caused by the same instrument."
    On re-examining it there I found the body appeared to be that of a woman of stoutish build, dark complexion, about 5ft. 3in. in height, and between 30 and 40 years of age. I should think the body had been dead at least 24 hours. Besides the wounds caused by the severance of the head and legs, there was a wound 15ins. long through the external coat of the abdomen. The body was not bloodstained, except where the chemise had rested upon it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
      Well ponder my question to sam before returns. Why do Polly Nichols and the Pinchin torso both have abdominal incisions, yet no organs removed?
      Because torsoman was interupted with polly and myabe also with pinchon??

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Interrupted during the abdominal incision on the pinchin torso abby? If the killer was interrupted with Nichols then what are all the side cuts?

Comment

Interrupted during the abdominal incision on the pinchin torso abby? If the killer was interrupted with Nichols then what are all the side cuts?
          All right ya got me. What?

Comment

All right ya got me. What?
            Incisions on both Polly Nichols and the Pinchin torso appear to serve no purpose. Even if the Ripper was interrupted before he could remove any organs he still made those pointless incisions.
            There were several incisions running across the abdomen. There were three or four similar cuts running downwards, on the right side, all of which had been caused by a knife which had been used violently and downward

Comment

The Pinchin torso's wound didn't even penetrate the abdominal wall.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• As the ripper might have been interrupted by the sound of CL approaching but the Pinchin Street Torso was likely to have been dismembered indoors, or at the very least in seclusion which would allow time, doesn’t that make it likelier that they were killed by different men?

I can’t answer about the other cuts Rocky but couldn’t they have been made first?
                Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 08-04-2018, 01:57 AM.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  As the ripper might have been interrupted by the sound of CL approaching but the Pinchin Street Torso was likely to have been dismembered indoors, or at the very least in seclusion which would allow time, doesn’t that make it likelier that they were killed by different men?

I can’t answer about the other cuts Rocky but couldn’t they have been made first?
                  How are you reaching that conclusion? The cuts beside the deep jagged incision?
                  Last edited by RockySullivan; 08-04-2018, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    The Pinchin torso's wound didn't even penetrate the abdominal wall.
                    And how deep were the incisions on Nichols?

There were no injuries about the body until just about the lower part of the abdomen. Two or three inches from the left side was a wound running in a jagged manner. The wound was a very deep one, and the tissues were cut through. There were several incisions running across the abdomen. There were three or four similar cuts running downwards, on the right side, all of which had been caused by a knife which had been used violently and downwards. the injuries were form left to right and might have been done by a left handed person. All the injuries had been caused by the same instrument."

Comment

If the killer was interrupted with Nichols then what are all the side cuts?
                      You might want to read this interesting dissertation, Rocky, also with regards to your latest question directly above:

"You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                      Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                        I do recommend this book: https://www.amazon.com/Human-Anatomy.../dp/3791383299 Full title is "Human Anatomy: Stereoscopic Images of Medical Specimens".

Thread called "Book on Antique Medical Specimens" in Books-- Other. It seems that infants and fetuses were quite popular as prepared medical specimens for teaching purposes.

After looking at some of the images in the book, you really do realize how callous some Victorians could be re the dead, and parts of dead human bodies.
                        Thanks for the recommendation, Pat!
                        "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                        Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
                          You might want to read this interesting dissertation, Rocky, also with regards to your latest question directly above:

https://www.casebook.org/dissertatio...ld-wounds.html

These smaller cuts were less severe - only reaching deep enough to penetrate the coating of the stomach - and therefore were more likely to have been caused by the killer attempting to maneuver his hand and knife under the constricting stays with little or no light. This may also be true of the two stabs to the "private parts," as described by Spratling.
                          Thanks Frank, I hadn't seen that and although I have read Tom Westcott's books this conclusion sounds ridiculous. It's same bs as Keppel saying a 'knife slip' caused the Pinchin torso incision.

Comment

Thanks Frank, I hadn't seen that and although I have read Tom Westcott's books this conclusion sounds ridiculous. It's same bs as Keppel saying a 'knife slip' caused the Pinchin torso incision.
                            all right rocky quit beating around the bush-you obviously have an idea-spill the beans.

Comment

It's same bs as Keppel saying a 'knife slip' caused the Pinchin torso incision.
                              Well whatever it was, it wasn't a "rip".
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

all right rocky quit beating around the bush-you obviously have an idea-spill the beans.
                                There's no idea Ab it's just that both victims have similar abdominal post mortem mutilations which were not a "slip of the knife" as Wescott and Keppel claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X