X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUT
    replied
    G'Day J6123

Whoever he, or they were, they clearly had "problems"!

Leave a comment:

• J6123
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    Yea I can't decide if he was cool and calculating or totally frenzied and out of control, i keep swapping between the two opinions.
    G' Day GUT,

i would plump for the latter. to me the Polly Nichols murder looks frenzied rather than controlled and carefully planned out. hard to say if Tabram was killed by the same man. i was going to say that the thoughts of Nichol's killer seem to have been more bizarre than the thoughts of Tabram's killer, not that Tabram's killer wasn't sick in the head..
    Last edited by J6123; 01-17-2014, 09:58 PM. Reason: made a boo boo.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    G'Day Ginger and Cogidubnus

Ginger posted:

I've been poking about on some bayonet collector's websites, and it looks to me as though a variety of sword bayonets were issued from the 1850s through the 1870s.
    I would have thought that plenty of the sword type would have found the way into markets by 1888.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    History records that there were thousands of complete and partially intact ex-military bayonets available for sale in local markets and black-markets. However, until the relatively recent introduction of the sword bayonet, wouldn't most of these have been of the older and discarded distinctively triangular cross-section "spike" variety?
    I've been poking about on some bayonet collector's websites, and it looks to me as though a variety of sword bayonets were issued from the 1850s through the 1870s.

I'd been picturing the army as using one type of bayonet at a time, but that doesn't seem to have been the case.

Leave a comment:

• Cogidubnus
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    Hi all,

Dr. Killeen would not have been the only doctor to see the wounds. There's no question that two blades were used. The only debate was whether or not it was a sword or dagger that inflicted the heart wound. Bayonet was even ruled out, though not by Killeen, who would not likely have had bayonet wound experience. It was a juryman and not Killeen who suggested a bayonet in the first place, and that was only because of all the soldier talk going on at the time. Soldiers were ruled out before the end of August.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Thanks Tom

That was the sort of expertise I was hoping would surface

All the best

Dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X