Probibility of Martha Tabram Being a JtR Victim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'Day Tom and Rob

I'm sorry if I missed something, but how did you conduct the wound count?
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
      G'Day Tom and Rob

I'm sorry if I missed something, but how did you conduct the wound count?
      We had to sit side by side and use all our fingers and toes. That's what happens when you have 39 (or is it 40?) wounds to count. Rob's feet smelled, by the way. But you didn't hear that from me.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• O.K. I get the hint. [BTW so did my feet till I gave up Coke].
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

O.K. I get the hint. [BTW so did my feet till I gave up Coke].
          I used to snort Coke but the ice cubes gave my nose frost bite.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• on the other hand find that all the powder gets caught in my throat and it makes the Rum taste funny.
            G U T

Comment

on the other hand find that all the powder gets caught in my throat and it makes the Rum taste funny.
              Not redrum I hope!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Overkill or Not?

Just a quick note that the murder of Martha Tabram SEEMS like overkill. But was it? She may actually have still been alive as the killer left her. I just watched an episode of Forensic Files that reported the true story of a woman who was attacked in her home by a man with a large butcher knife. He stabbed her 28 times, slit her throat from ear to ear, and even drew a smiley face on her back in her own blood. And she lived!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• G'Day Tom

Not redrum I hope!
                  Nope Bundaberg [or Bundy] down here made from good old Ausie sugar cane.
                  G U T

Comment

• G'Day again Tom

There have been plenty of similar accounts over the years, neither a stab nor a cut throat is of itself a guarantee of death.
                    G U T

Comment

G'Day again Tom

There have been plenty of similar accounts over the years, neither a stab nor a cut throat is of itself a guarantee of death.
                      Exactly. Which is why Stride's murder should be considered a Ripper crime.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                        Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        Exactly. Which is why Stride's murder should be considered a Ripper crime.
                        I don't follow you, Tom. Surely the Ripper's technique was such that he'd leave no doubt that death would quickly ensue?
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          I don't follow you, Tom. Surely the Ripper's technique was such that he'd leave no doubt that death would quickly ensue?
                          Yes, as he did with Stride.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                            Yes, as he did with Stride.
                            There we must disagree, Tom. Stride's was a comparatively shallow wound - the work of a rank newbie, if you ask me, not our Jack.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              There we must disagree, Tom. Stride's was a comparatively shallow wound - the work of a rank newbie, if you ask me, not our Jack.
                              Hi Sam. Perhaps you're right. I'm sure there have been some rank amateur killers who possessed the confidence and inherent skill to kill a street savvy prostitute without any struggle, in deep darkness, with a single swipe of a sharp blade. But surely they're in the minority.

As for it having been a "shallow wound". Paper cuts are shallow. Cuts that kill you are not shallow. I'm sure the killer did not know that Stride's scarf had thrown his knife off axis causing the wound to not be as deep as you'd like it to be. But I'm equally as sure that he did not care because his victim was just as dead.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Well, I did say "comparatively" shallow, Tom. Compared, that is, to the near-decapitation of Nichols and Chapman, his immediately preceding victims.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X