110th Anniversary....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110th Anniversary....

Today is the 110th anniversary of Martha Tabram's murder. All these years later and I am still undecided if she was a ripper victim or not..... Lol
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

But it's 120 years since 1888. Or have I been facing the wrong way?

Comment

Yeah, it is a 120 years. Poor Martha

Comment

Perhaps Martha Tabram didn't die in 1888, but had a secret identity and lived until 1898?
        Regards Mike

Comment

Uncle Jack writes:

"All these years later and I am still undecided if she was a ripper victim or not."

Undecided? A middle-aged prostituted woman is found murdered in the very heart of Ripperland, with a cut to her lower abdomen, three weeks before Polly Nichols met her faith – and you are undecided? Come now ...!

Fisherman
          Also undecided. But only ever so slightly, mind you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
            Perhaps Martha Tabram didn't die in 1888, but had a secret identity and lived until 1898?
            You didn't have a hand in The Ripper and the Royals did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Iain Wilson View Post
              You didn't have a hand in The Ripper and the Royals did you?
              NO, although someone has accused me of writing the Ripper Diary!! That wasn't me either!
              Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                NO, although someone has accused me of writing the Ripper Diary!! That wasn't me either!
                But you ARE called Mike...hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Iain Wilson View Post
                  But you ARE called Mike...hmmm...
                  Ha, but not that Mike!

I have also been named on a Hoax Forum in relation to Robert D'Onston stephenson and had to join to let them know I was real!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

Rest in Peace, Mrs. Turner.
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Yes, condolences to Martha.

It's an interesting case to study forgetting whether she was a Ripper victim or not.
                      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I've always had her down as a victim...the canon is really just the McNaughten Five..

She probably had a more painful death than the others.

May she rest in peace.

Pirate

Comment

It just goes to show how good the doctors were then. Even being brutally murdered wasn't necessarily fatal.
                          R.I.P. Martha, whoever was responsible.
                          Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                            I've always had her down as a victim...the canon is really just the McNaughten Five..

She probably had a more painful death than the others.

May she rest in peace.

Pirate
                            Yes, Jack, I think you may be right about that. Of course, Emma Smith certainly suffered as well, whether we consider her a suspect or not.

Best,

Cel
                            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Jeff writes:

"She probably had a more painful death than the others. "

Unless, of course, she was knocked unconscious by that blow to the head! Which could in itīs turn explain the lack of sounds from her, as well as the fact that she had no defence wounds at all on her hands and arms, in spite of the fact that she was stabbed nigh on forty times, apparently while alive. In fact, there seems to be no stabs in either arms or legs. They are all stabs to the trunk, the neck and the genital area, apart from the one wound that was NOT a stab, but instead a three-inch long and one inch deep cut to the lower abdomen.

All in all, maybe we have a killer who deliberately stabs away at a woman who is still alive, but not moving or reacting to the stabs. And somewhere along this process, he changes from stabbing to cutting.

Something to ponder for those who say that it was a simple case of frenzy, unrelated to the Ripper.
                              In my world it was not a simple case, it was not frenzy - but it WAS the Ripper.

The best, all!

Fisherman

Comment

Working...
                              X