Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've a Blacking Pudding in "Ecky Thump"!!!

Originally posted by Andrew Firth View Post
    Errr, as a resident and a born and bred Bradfordian.....
    They don't say that, no.

They say, "Eeeh, ecky thump, by gum!" and "I'll go to t'foot of our stairs" and other stereotypical phrases...

All t' best like,

Andrew
    You tell him Andy, If they're not careful we'll had have to use the ancient, deadly, northern martial art of "Ecky Thump" on these southern shandy drinkers!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Its official! 'Ripperology Challenge' pub quiz and social evening, Sept 24th 19.00 til late, The Bell (Middlesex St), in aid of the Frances Coles Memorial Appeal 2011. The good people at the Bell are letting us have the upstairs room for free, so we will of course have to consume plenty of drinks to show our gratitude. Not that that should be too much of a problem...

Comment

Week 3 update - taking into account an amount of cash collected at last Saturday's Whitechapel Society meeting, we have now raised £231! Obviously this is a slight slow-down from the first two weeks (week 1 in particular) but that shouldn't take away from the fantastic achievement of raising almost 3 monthly targets in 3 weeks. I also spoke about the appeal at the Whitechapel Society meeting and several other people were interested in donating via PayPal in the future, so I honestly think we can look to be breaking the 300 mark pretty soon. If anyone is thinking about donating some time, and is able to give in the next week, then that would be brilliant to send month 1 out with a bang. As ever, thank you to all who have already donated and also for anything anyone can give in the future.

I will also be speaking (for a full 30 minutes!!!) at the conference on the appeal, and am looking at a pretty special announcement closer to the time, which unfortunately has to be 'hush hush' at the minute. Interest in the 'Riperology Challenge' evening is also growing - for those of you who are on facebook there is an events page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...1677532&ref=mf, otherwise PM me or email me at trevor-bond@all-that-youve-done.com with any questions, or simply leave an RSVP on here, as it would be good to have a rough idea of numbers. Half the questions are written, and it is all pretty exciting.

Thanks all, as ever,

Trevor.

Comment

Hi Trevor,

Could you put me and Liza down for the quiz night please?

I'm not on this newfangled faceache thingy.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Caz - will do. Looking forward to it! Am I right in thinking we have our first potential 'Egghead' then?

See you then, thanks for the effort. :-)

Also many thanks to Mark Ripper, first online donation for a while. Good man.
            Last edited by tnb; 08-12-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Many thanks to 007 for our latest donation. We have now reached £250!!!!

Well done one and all. :-)

Comment

007? Surely that's you isn't it Mr Bond...?

That's great news Trevor. And we still have the fundraising evening in September to come, plus the auction of the one-off unique hardback copy of the London Job book, which should raise, ooh, at least 50p....

All the best
                Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Firth View Post
                  007? Surely that's you isn't it Mr Bond...?

That's great news Trevor. And we still have the fundraising evening in September to come, plus the auction of the one-off unique hardback copy of the London Job book, which should raise, ooh, at least 50p....

All the best
                  Andrew
                  It is fantastic news. I can now start getting some definitive quotes for the memorial knowing we have enough to have quite a few options, plus it will be great if we can carry on at this pace to have a sizeable amount to give to a local charity in Frances' name, which will be another kind of lasting, positive memorial. The quiz will be great fun and should raise a good amount - and I think we may get a little more than that for the book! We may also be looking at something else either that night or at the conference which, if it comes off, should push us closer to the 500 mark with a bit of luck, all 3 things combined. And there are even plans for a final push in the new year being hatched as we speak, although as that involves me doing something slightly bonkers I shall not commit to it until I have decided completely!

Once again, well done all.

Oh, and 007 is another Bond. Tempted to say there's only room for one of us...but as he has donated I shall say live and let live!

Comment

Many thanks to Joshua Elsworth for our latest donation.

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post
                      Caz - will do. Looking forward to it! Am I right in thinking we have our first potential 'Egghead' then?
                      Apparently so, Trevor. Still not sure how I managed that. Several of my answers were complete stabs in the dark that turned out to be correct. (And Adrian Morris, who marked my paper, is no relation. )

I'm sure you will get plenty more donations over the conference weekend. Good luck with it.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Good morning all,

Two bits of 'business' today:

Firstly -

Many thanks to a certain Mr J. Keefe whose work I am sure many of you will be familiar with, for a VERY generous donation. No updates for a while as donations had stalled a little, but I am today happy to announce that the total now is....

(dum-de-de-dum de-de-dum de-de-dummmm*)

£359!!!!

This is a stunning total, after next weekend (more of which below) I reckon we could be getting close to the £500 which a few of us discussed a while back as a frankly 'dreamland' total. Many thanks to EVERYONE who has donated thus far. The memorial WILL without doubt now happen, which considering that only a few months ago I wasn't sure anyone would go for the idea, that is amazing. It would still be wonderful to hit a good total to also give to a charity in Bermondsey in Frances' name too - a different, proactive kind of memorial.

Secondly

One week call! for the 'Ripperology Challenge' fundraising pub quiz/ social evening at the Bell, Middlesex St on Friday 24th September (the night before the conference) - a quick update on the numbers thus far - please update, add or (booo!) take away your names as necessary, to give me an idea how many pens etc to buy and also so I can give the Bell a rough idea.

Attending as it stands:

Jon Rees
                        Jenni Shelden (?Neal Shelden)
                        Peter Whitby
                        Suzi Hanney
                        ?Anna Robbins
                        Mark Ripper
                        Caroline Morris
                        Liza Hopkinson
                        Claire Weinhold-Pullon (?+1)
                        ?Jo Hannigan
                        Mike Covell
                        Suzi Hanney

Hosts:
                        Trevor Bond
                        Andrew Firth

'Trailer' video available here:

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=438476919558&oid=122435627800975"/URL]

Pass it around and spread the word.

Many thanks all - and I hope to see some of you at the Bell and/or the conference. Some newbie talking on Coles I hear...

Trevor.

PS. * that's a drumroll. As if you didn't know!

Comment

I do not normally have a tossy two name surname...that's a find me fb name. And I will be plus one unless the husband clears off to Iraq or some other hellhole.
                          Nice total so far, Trevor; good stuff
                          best,

claire

Comment

And there I was thinking we had an aristocrat onboard Claire!

See you there.

Who else is in?

Comment

Oh, you know...it looks kind of...you know. Idiotic. Like the kids at my kids' schools called Jessica Fearnley-Wheeler-Darling and that sort of thing.
                              best,

claire

Comment

As it stands...

Jon Rees
                                Jenni Shelden
                                Neal Shelden
                                Peter Whitby
                                Suzi Hanney
                                Mark Ripper
                                Caroline Morris
                                Liza Hopkinson*
                                Claire (Weinhold? Pullon?) + 1
                                Jo Hannigan
                                Carol Willetts
                                Mike Covell
                                Suzi Hanney

?Anna Robbins
                                ? Rob Clack

Hosts:
                                Trevor Bond
                                Andrew Firth

Special Guest:
                                Diddles

* Liza reckons she might be able to drag a few more victims...sorry contestants along...come on Liza!

Comment

Working...
                                X