Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big THANK YOU to donor number 3, on day number 3 (not bad eh?) - Mr Chris Phillips. Cheers Chris - who I was replying to a message from shortly after I left the East London Cemetery whilst thinking this very idea over for the first time.

First weekly update to come on Weds next week, think it might be a VERY good one if we keep going at this rate... Come on people, let's get going with a bang! Keeping it under my hat for now in the hope of a surprise total next week.

Comment

Many thanks go to Zodiac and Roger Baynton - donors number 4 and 5!

Comment

finally figured out Paypal!!
        best,

claire

Comment

Originally posted by claire View Post
          finally figured out Paypal!!
          I know the feeling! Many thanks to donor number 7.

Comment

Hi, There is a charity in Bermondsey called Bede House Association, which has been serving the community since 1938. They have a Domestic Violence project which I am sure would be be very greatful for any donation you might be able to give. It is directly opposite Dilston Grove, where I believe Catherine Eddowes daughter lived, and may have been one of the last places she visited. Hope this is of help to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastender View Post
              Hi, There is a charity in Bermondsey called Bede House Association, which has been serving the community since 1938. They have a Domestic Violence project which I am sure would be be very greatful for any donation you might be able to give. It is directly opposite Dilston Grove, where I believe Catherine Eddowes daughter lived, and may have been one of the last places she visited. Hope this is of help to you.
              Thanks for that Eastender, I will definitely look into that. I actually plan to visit Dilston Grove as part of research for another project soon, for the Annie Phillips (nee Conway) connection which you are quite correct about, so I may even get in touch before then and see if I can meet with them for a chat while I'm there. Well done!

If anyone has any other suggestions then feel free to chuck them my way.

Comment

Many thanks to 'Carroty Nell', one of the first people I broached this idea with and now in as donor number 8

Comment

Week 1 update

Ok, its midday Thursday (in the UK at least) which means that week 1 of the Frances Coles Memorial Appeal ended yesterday. Therefore, it is time for our first weekly update...

As of yesterday evening the total raised thus far was an impressive 175 pounds, or to put it another way just over 1/3 of our nominal target for both elements of the appeal, and no less than 2/3 of the proposed cost of the memorial itself.

It is of course unrealistic to expect donations to continue at this kind of pace, but to put it into a bit of context that means we have already satisfied my vague monthly target (based on raising 500 pounds) of 85 pounds a month, not only for this month but next month aswell! If we were to continue at the slower pace from now on we would exceed the target by nearly 200 pounds; even if we were not to garner any more funds this month and then do so we would be looking at exceeding the target by 100.

This is incredible news and I cannot thank everyone who has contributed enough.

Trevor.
                  Last edited by tnb; 07-29-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Hello Trevor,

Very good news indeed! Well done for all your efforts... great kick-off!

best wishes

Phil
                    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                    Accountability? ....

Comment

Many thanks to 'The Grave Maurice', first donor of week 2. Breaking with my tradition of weekly updates to announce that we have hit £200! Many thanks ALL

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post
                        Many thanks to 'The Grave Maurice', first donor of week 2. Breaking with my tradition of weekly updates to announce that we have hit £200! Many thanks ALL
                        Hi Trevor,

Excellent News, lets hope we can keep up this momentum, got my fingers crossed, its looking good so far.

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
                        And thus I clothe my naked villainy
                        With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
                        And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Many thanks to Andrew Firth, second donor of week 2. Eh 'oop, as they probably don't say in your neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post
                            Eh 'oop, as they probably don't say in your neck of the woods.
                            They do, actually.
                            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                              They do, actually.
                              Ey up!!! wha tha bloody ecks thar on abowt??? Tha knows nowt!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
                              And thus I clothe my naked villainy
                              With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
                              And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                                They do, actually.
                                Errr, as a resident and a born and bred Bradfordian.....
                                They don't say that, no.

They say, "Eeeh, ecky thump, by gum!" and "I'll go to t'foot of our stairs" and other stereotypical phrases...

All t' best like,

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X