FOUND! The REAL Fairy Fay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOUND! The REAL Fairy Fay!

Yes, she really existed. I know this to be a fact because I found her. At the time of the Ripper murders, the lady was 28 years old and quite well known in certain areas of London. Police became aware of her mainly because of the scanty clothing she often wore in public and the bawdy songs she liked to sing. She was younger and prettier than most of the Ripper's victims. She died on or about . . . but wait . . . there are some resourceful researchers among you chaps and ladies. With the clues I've already given you, certainly one of you can come up with Fairy Fay's full name and background and how she really met her end. After all, I did! Good Luck.

By the way, here is her picture, taken around 1883.
    Attached Files
    "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
    Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

LOL, do I sense a troll?
    "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Perhaps not.
      Sounds like Tottie Fay to me...(Not a ripper victim, of course)

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

True, but the tone of this post is definitely suspicious....
        "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Courtesy of Jake Luukannen

Monty
          Attached Files
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. John Watson View Post
            She died on or about . . . but wait . . . there are some resourceful researchers among you chaps and ladies. With the clues I've already given you, certainly one of you can come up with Fairy Fay's full name and background and how she really met her end. After all, I did! Good Luck.
            I hate this kind of poster. There is good reason that Watson was merely a sidekick. Here's a clue: Knock this crap off.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. John Watson View Post
              Yes, she really existed. I know this to be a fact because I found her.
              Well Dr. W really didn't have to look very far, did he GM?

Two threads down in fact:

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hello you all!

Well, well;

Two threads about the same subject!

But she will never be as mysterious as MJK!

All the best
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                  Well Dr. W really didn't have to look very far, did he GM?

Two threads down in fact:

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  Give up easily, don't you. I first posted this challange many years ago under a different screen name on the original boards "just for a jolly," and got quite a few serious responses. It seems we had more real research going on then and not so much regurgitation of silly theories. Dan Norder was one of the best, and his post on "Fairy Fay" was excellent research. As was the original discovery of "Tottie Fay." Neither, by the way, has anything to do with my gal, who actually existed under the name "Fairy Fay" in London at the time of the murders. I thought a few might take up the challange just for fun, but it appears I've attracted only whiners ("I hate this kind of poster!") and paronoid audiophiles ("the tone of this post is definitely suspicious.") - no offense intended.

Comment

We don't all give up, Dr W:-)
                    I presume you are referring to Fay Templeton...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Chris Scott; 04-23-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
                      We don't all give up, Dr W:-)
                      I presume you are referring to Fay Templeton...
                      Indeed, you presume correctly! Good work! I presume you know what happened to her in London, so I won't bother giving the whole story. Let those who may be interested find out for themselves

Comment

There are still some postcards of her, in various costumes, out there. I see them now and then on my endless quest for old PCs.

We had another 'doctor' here not long ago.
                        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Fay Templeton was an American actress who died in 1939 in San Francisco, so therefore was not murdered in December 1887. Obviously Dr Watson if you are privvy to info not known by the rest of us, please can you just tell us instead of playing mind games. Do you want us to beg or something?
                          Best regards,
                          Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Well according to my research what happened to Fay Templeton in London was...not much. She did a play for a while and then returned intact to New York where she did another play for a while.

But wait! Maybe the unfortunate Fay was murdered while in London and her body hidden. Her evil twin, Fayke Templeton, who had always been jealous, noticed a mysterious man creeping around the theatre with a horseshoe tie-pin and a nasty-looking smile. He carried an American-cloth bag. Fayke called him over. 'Hoi!' she said. 'I see you have an American-cloth bag. And it happens I'm an American Evil Twin. What a coincidence. You wouldn't have a knife or two in that bag would you? To carve up my more successful sister...?'

Comment

Hello Chava!

And maybe the evil twin-sister later thought: voilá, I will connect her to that London serial killer in my later days!

All the best
                              Jukka
                              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
                              X