X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
    A serial killer who resources his talent for a political motive... Lord Mayors Show. One year anniversary of Trafalgar Square a few days off with a demonstration planned.

I was starting to wonder if Jack the Ripper was a phase killer, or a long-term serial killer who might be able to change his identity as his experience with his craft grew. But politics... That sounds like a radical killer.

If that was his ruse, then it worked: The Star, 10 Nov 1888
    re: the Lord Mayors Show pageant

Two STAR boys, who, waving the placard cards announcing the Whitechapel murder, danced a demon dance before [the City Chamberlain] horse, amid the frantic laughter of the crowd.
    Hi Robert,

he had no political motive. His motive was strictly personal.

Regards Pierre

Leave a comment:

• Robert St Devil
    replied
    A serial killer who resources his talent for a political motive... Lord Mayors Show. One year anniversary of Trafalgar Square a few days off with a demonstration planned.

I was starting to wonder if Jack the Ripper was a phase killer, or a long-term serial killer who might be able to change his identity as his experience with his craft grew. But politics... That sounds like a radical killer.

If that was his ruse, then it worked: The Star, 10 Nov 1888
    re: the Lord Mayors Show pageant

Two STAR boys, who, waving the placard cards announcing the Whitechapel murder, danced a demon dance before [the City Chamberlain] horse, amid the frantic laughter of the crowd.
    Last edited by Robert St Devil; 11-06-2015, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi,

He chose Kelly some time before Lord Mayor´s Day. The choice had nothing to do with her lenght or age etc.

In the case of the torso murders, I don´t know anything of the transports.

But if I may guess I would say that horse and carriage might have been his preference.

Regards Pierre
    In your estimation, by what parameters did he choose Mary?

Leave a comment:

• MysterySinger
    replied
    Did the fact that Mary Kelly was living with Joe Barnett though have anything to do with the timing - I mean in a deliberate sense in that he needed to wait till Barnett was out of the way. What if Barnett had still been with her on the 8th/9th though? Was Barnett in on it all?

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
    So to be clear, he chose the day - but did he choose Kelly in the sense that he'd already selected her or was it opportunist from that point i.e. it could have been anybody?

In the case of the torso murders, presumably he enticed the ladies back to "his place" then did the deeds and disposed of the parts at various locations. How would he do that - still quite large parts to move around and no car. Perhaps it was a wheelbarrow job.
    Hi,

He chose Kelly some time before Lord Mayor´s Day. The choice had nothing to do with her lenght or age etc.

In the case of the torso murders, I don´t know anything of the transports.

But if I may guess I would say that horse and carriage might have been his preference.

Regards Pierre

Leave a comment:

• MysterySinger
    replied
    So to be clear, he chose the day - but did he choose Kelly in the sense that he'd already selected her or was it opportunist from that point i.e. it could have been anybody?

In the case of the torso murders, presumably he enticed the ladies back to "his place" then did the deeds and disposed of the parts at various locations. How would he do that - still quite large parts to move around and no car. Perhaps it was a wheelbarrow job.

Leave a comment:

• Panderoona
    replied
    Polydore De Keyser was Catholic wasn't he?

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    So it was more symbolic, then? JTR felt a terrifically monstrous mutlitation crime on the Lord Mayor's Day would be a great way to spoil the day, humiliate the police, and cause the mayor embarrasment? Makes sense.
    Yes. And that´s why he waited and committed no other murder(s) during a whole month before Lord Mayor´s Day.

And in the life of the person I am researching, there was also a special event coming up at the same time. So he had two reasons for waiting.

This personal reason and the wish to spoil the day and humiliate the police are closely linked toghether from the point of view of the killer.

That is partly why the mutilations inflicted on Kelly were so extensive.

Regards Pierre
    Last edited by Pierre; 11-06-2015, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Ah, out to spoil the Day, perhaps?

Because he wasn´t after Lord Mayor personally.

Regards Pierre
    So it was more symbolic, then? JTR felt a terrifically monstrous mutlitation crime on the Lord Mayor's Day would be a great way to spoil the day, humilitate the police, and cause the mayor embarrasment? Makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• MysterySinger
    replied
    Here is a link to a Casebook note of the De Keyser interview...

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Why didn't Jack go after a member of the Lord Mayor's family, in that case?
    Because he wasn´t after Lord Mayor personally.

Regards Pierre

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Well, if so, then why not--?

The killer could have gotten angry at a lot of other people stating in the press that he was mad.

But he wasn´t.

He was angry at the Lord Mayor.

Regards Pierre
    Why didn't Jack go after a member of the Lord Mayor's family, in that case?

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    The killer could have gotten angry at a lot of other people stating in the press that he was mad.

But he wasn´t.

Regards Pierre
    So that's why Mary had to die?

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    The man said Jack was mad, no wonder Jack got angry.

But he wasn´t.

Regards Pierre

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Welcome back, GUT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X