After MJK's death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After MJK's death

I know that her life story's still a mystery but I wonder if any relatives/family members visited her grave? Did anyone keep track of that? I know Wynne Weston-Davies claims that MJK was his great aunt, but he can't prove it until they decide to dig up her grave.
    “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

We shall never know, I suppose. It would be nice to think that a few of them would have, but of course, no relative seems to have turned up for her funeral, either.

Comment

As far as anyone knows, no relatives ever acknowledged her. It's all part of the mystery. All the other victims had family members who at least reluctantly admitted that the victim was part of their family. MJK is the only one with no one.

Comment

None of her family attended her funeral, we know that much. If she came from a strict Catholic family, she may have been disowned by them for being a known prostitute.

Comment

There must have been someone though. But I get it if she came from a Catholic family, they've probably disowned her just 'cause she was a prostitue. No one visited her grave back in the days but now she has many people who visit her grave.

Comment

She was in contact with her mother and /or brother according to the McCarthys.
            Maybe the family didn't see the need to attend someone else's funeral if they'd already had contact
            You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
              Maybe the family didn't see the need to attend someone else's funeral if they'd already had contact
              Then again, this just proves our theory, Nick. If she was really dead, her so called mother and brother would have visited her grave. Catholic or not, she's still their own flesh and blood..

Comment

Hi all,

I've never been able to shake off the Nick Warren theory of some years back that suggested that Kelly ( and possibly the others ) could have been informers of some type mixed up with the Fenians ( it's a bit more complex than that )
                If anyone were to be mixed up in that sort of thing, then even family members would keep well out of the way.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                  I'd have thought that if there was some kind of cover up attending the funeral would be on the top of their agenda, with wailing and prostrating and all sorts of grieving of their poor "DEAD" Mary.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                    Hi all,

I've never been able to shake off the Nick Warren theory of some years back that suggested that Kelly ( and possibly the others ) could have been informers of some type mixed up with the Fenians ( it's a bit more complex than that )
                    If anyone were to be mixed up in that sort of thing, then even family members would keep well out of the way.

Regards
                    Good shout Spyglass
                    You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Patrick Kelly

I seem to recall a Patrick Kelly was listed as living in her room in 1891.
                      Anyone know who he was?

Thanks
                      Pat.....

Comment

Was this before Lottie Owen, who was living in Mary's old room in late 1891? She was interviewed by Kathleen Blake Watkins at the time. There must have been a fair turnover of tenants with all the old bloodstains still around!

Comment

Working...
                        X