My attempt to decipher the MJK in situ photograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perspective

Tilt your head to the right. Or appreciate your ignorance.

Comment

I didn't see anything resembling facial features in that photo either, until someone made a reconstruction and showed exactly which outlines they thought were what. Now I see the lips clearly, but I have no idea if those were the actual lips or if I simply see them because of said reconstruction. Once the mind has been led somewhere, it can be difficult to get it off that track.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        I didn't see anything resembling facial features in that photo either, until someone made a reconstruction and showed exactly which outlines they thought were what. Now I see the lips clearly, but I have no idea if those were the actual lips or if I simply see them because of said reconstruction. Once the mind has been led somewhere, it can be difficult to get it off that track.
        Hi Karl,

There is no way to determine any facial features in that picture except for the eyes.
        I think when people see things in this picture it's because they want to. there's no signatures, initials, etc on the wall. The room was created by putting a thin piece of plywood (or whatever was the equivalent) to create the room for rental purposes.
        It's obvious (more so in better copies then the one used) that Mary was wearing a puffed sleeved Chamois. why this is even debated is laughable. you can see her arm coming through the sleeve.
        The body is obviously staged to degrade her. The hand\arm was intentionally put in that position. He head was nearly decapitated which is why it's oddly leaning to the side.
        There is NO way anyone can look at any copy of this pic and find lips, eyelids, eyebrows, a nose etc. I've seen people on this site try to re-construct her face based on this pic and it's an act of futility.
        The pic is pretty much what it is, a mutilated corpse. the pelvis, legs, torso and face were skinned, mutilated and emptied of organs. The cuts on the arms, face and rest of the body only mean something to JTR and were done after death. There is no conspiracy information embedded in the walls, on the body, in the wash basin or in her hair. It's a fruitless discussion.

Columbo

Comment

Originally posted by Columbo View Post
          There is no way to determine any facial features in that picture except for the eyes.
          I think when people see things in this picture it's because they want to...
          There is NO way anyone can look at any copy of this pic and find lips, eyelids, eyebrows, a nose etc. I've seen people on this site try to re-construct her face based on this pic and it's an act of futility.
          I more or less agree. After all:

"the face hacked beyond recognition of the features."

and:

"The face was gashed in all directions the nose cheeks, eyebrows and ears being partly removed. The lips were blanched & cut by several incisions running obliquely down to the chin. There were also numerous cuts extending irregularly across all the features."

It's a shame Bond does not mention the eyes, I'd love to know where you think you can see them. The only features I think I can maybe locate are her lips (thanks to Bond we know they were not removed) with some cuts through them, and above the lips a darker vaguely triangular area that may be the remains of her severed nose. I even think we can discern two darker areas within that triangle that may represent the remains of her nasal cavities.

But I may be wrong.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm also amazed, judging purely by the photo, that there is room under that head for a uterus, kidneys (plural), and one breast.

Comment

The eyes are an interesting detail to me, because they were said to have been left intact - and yet I cannot for the life of me find them in the photo. Why is the face such a blurry mess when other details are comparatively sharp?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                The eyes are an interesting detail to me, because they were said to have been left intact - and yet I cannot for the life of me find them in the photo. Why is the face such a blurry mess when other details are comparatively sharp?
                Are these the eyes (in the blue circles)?

Regards, Pierre
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Regards, Pierre
                  They're pretty far apart, then. The left circle (ie. her left) is in the right place if her head is turned 90 degrees towards the camera, but not the other one. Her head could be turned somewhat less than 90 degrees, though, in which case the right (her right) circle is in the correct place for her right eye - but then the other circle is off.

Comment

Obviously you would have to look at the previous picture as I've drawn on it but to me (and it makes no difference what so ever in my eyes) I can make out some teeth and bottom lip.... perhaps, possibly... who cares
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                      I more or less agree. After all:

"the face hacked beyond recognition of the features."

and:

"The face was gashed in all directions the nose cheeks, eyebrows and ears being partly removed. The lips were blanched & cut by several incisions running obliquely down to the chin. There were also numerous cuts extending irregularly across all the features."

It's a shame Bond does not mention the eyes, I'd love to know where you think you can see them. The only features I think I can maybe locate are her lips (thanks to Bond we know they were not removed) with some cuts through them, and above the lips a darker vaguely triangular area that may be the remains of her severed nose. I even think we can discern two darker areas within that triangle that may represent the remains of her nasal cavities.

But I may be wrong.
                      Hi Henry,
                      The impression I get is the right eye is at the top upper center, about where you would expect it. Although I haven't spent anytime at all studying this pic to the degree others have, I've always thought the jawline was an illusion. I think the shape of the jaw is really hanging skin that is distorting the overall shape of Mary's face. I think that causes people to misplace other parts of her face. Just my opinion.

Columbo

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Regards, Pierre
                        I think the left circle is correct. the right is covered up by hanging skin (I think).

Columbo

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post
                          I think the left circle is correct. the right is covered up by hanging skin (I think).

Columbo

I see that too Columbo, but only in the picture in post 94. If you amplify it, it looks like a flap of skin is hanging off her forehead and covering her right eye. In that picture, you could draw out the shape of an eye and the circle of her eyeball.
                          there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• I agree. I can't think of another explanation. I think nose stump, blanched and sliced lips, and her left eye region are all broadly discernable, and a hanging flap is the only explanation for the absence of a right eye. The shadowy patch that Pierre, among others, has identified as being her right eye is in way the wrong position.

Looks like Pierre has misinterpreted the source.

Comment

• Henry Flower

I roughed out the shape of an eye and a flap of skin hanging off of her forehead based off her picture in your post #94.
                              Attached Files
                              there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                                Henry Flower

I roughed out the shape of an eye and a flap of skin hanging off of her forehead based off her picture in your post #94.
                                Such a gruesome pic. If we're correct and that is Mary's right eye, then it's my opinion he must've cut at least a good size of the right side of the face and folded over to the left. There is no discernible feature on the left side. It looks like her left eye and check are covered. I don't know, I'm starting to doubt that is the left eye now. it looks a little far out towards the side of the head.

Columbo

Comment

Working...
                                X