MJK1 and MJK3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Beowulf,

MJK3 was not in the envelope postmarked Croydon.

It arrived with other stuff from the Millen family.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Hi Simon,
      I just went back and counted at least five times in the thread where I say real or fake it doesn't matter as it changes nothing about the case. That's why I've been saying that I thought the demands for a provenance beyond 1988 were pointless.
      You may be correct in your theory about the Chicago Whitechapel club- are you going to be producing a fully detailed provenence and chain of ownership from the year it was created down to 1988 to back that up or are you just going to present your research and let us decide for ourselves, based on common sense, like we did previously?
      Last edited by Debra A; 08-24-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Hi Debra,

Just for the sake of argument let's say that MJK3 was unequivocally proved to be the work of Chicago's Whitechapel Club.

In what possible way could it matter?

Regards,

Simon
        What possible reason would they have?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hi Debra,

I don't have a theory about the Whitechapel Club.

I wrote, "One possibility which struck me was that it might be the work of Chicago's Whitechapel Society [Club]."

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Now we're to the part you really enjoy, Simon.

When everybody keeps asking you what are the new things you have learned and you won't say.

Somebody asks you, and when you won't answer, person wonders, did I really ask that?

Roy
            Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Simon,

Thank you for that answer. But, forgive me for not knowing all this but who are the Millen Family?

Comment

Hi Debra,

I don't have a theory about the Whitechapel Club.

I wrote, "One possibility which struck me was that it might be the work of Chicago's Whitechapel Society [Club]."

Regards,

Simon
                Hi Simon,
                You didn't answer whether it should matter if it proved to be a fake?

Comment

• Hi Debra,

If it was shown to be a prank it wouldn't matter a jot in the great scheme of things, except perhaps to those wiping egg off their faces.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Hi Wickerman,

What possible reason would [The Whitechapel Club] have?

Click image for larger version

Name:	whitechapel club.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	665611

I can't imagine.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Hi All

You may have read my post 'murder, what murder' where I suggested that there never was a murder at Millers Court. This theory was based on the fact that no family member ever came forward to claim MJK. Is that not strange? Even if Kelly never wanted to be found, family would still come looking. We are all aware that MJK could have been a fake name, but if it is true that Kelly received letters from home, then surely family would know exactly where to find Kelly. If someone went missing around the time Kelly was murdered and after, then wouldn't family put 2 and 2 together and investigate weather Kelly was indeed their missing relative? I would like to stress also that the inquest for Eddowes & Kelly was a very short one.

If there is any chance these photos are fake, then I would suggest that this murder was never committed, on what basis I have no idea, maybe it was because the murderer was someone very important, and faking MJK's murder would be in the interest of government officials etc. Maybe the killer, who may have been an important person had been apprehended by the police after killing Eddowes, and to keep suspicions at bay they orchestrated a pretend murder scene so there would be no connection to this important person, therefore no one would put two and two together and work out that this important person was connected to these deaths, maybe because someone saw something when Eddowes was killed. That could possibly explain why the murders apparently stopped after Kelly.

For what it is worth I am not 100% on this theory, but Kelly's murder does raise very interesting questions.

Comment

Hi Debra,

If it was shown to be a prank it wouldn't matter a jot in the great scheme of things, except perhaps to those wiping egg off their faces.

Regards,

Simon
                        Yes, that's my view too ( apart from the eggy bit). That's why I feel demanding a full provenance for something so unimportant, something that to my knowledge has never been used to support any theory or new idea or suspect, is a bit pointless.

Comment

• Hi Debra,

If the provenance of MJK3 is so unimportant, why are you suggesting we don't question it, don't doubt it, just lay back and accept it as the real deal?

It really is the eggy bit you don't like.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• She didn't suggest anything. She didn't ask anything and neither did I or anyone else. We're invisible. This is your magic show, Simon.

We're all patiently waiting for rabbit to exit hat in full view

Roy
                            Sink the Bismark

Comment

• I suggested a theory, guess I'm invisible

Comment

• possibly

Hello Jon. Since I have no stake in ANY of this, and since my interest level approaches 0, perhaps I should be quiet, but . . .

As I sit here typing this, I can avert my eyes from the computer screen and advert them a foot to behold the mock knife my wife made for my Liz Stride reenactment. As you know, it is made from cardboard and styrofoam and covered with black and silver tape.

Now, in that reenactment I spent time showing the knife and rubbing the edge with a thumb. Now suppose I had that one shot freeze framed and included with my effects.

Suppose further that I died tonight (which would be quite convenient, given I have two brand new classes to teach tomorrow). Let's say my family (after throwing a party to celebrate my demise) decide to remove my ripper books and effects and donate them to a student of the "sport."

Might s/he now see that photo of the knife and mistakenly think it the real thing?

Merely a suggestion for a thought experiment.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X