MJK3 (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJK3 (again)

I've been fiddling and faffing again. This time with MJK3. Below is my FIRST attempt at figuring out the position of MJK/bed, the small table & the camera. I've examined this photo long and hard and I have come to a couple of conclusions (my opinion).
    1) The bed and the small table were almost certainly moved from their 'finding' position in order for the photographer to get the photo known as MJK3.
    2) The position of Kelly's legs (both) have altered from their 'finding' position (MJK2)
    3) the door is OPEN in MJK3.

I have TWO scenarios in mind. The first one is set out below. The 2nd one I've not finished the 3D model for yet but it differers only slightly from the scenario below. All the difference between scenario ONE and scenario TWO is in the position of the door. The circular knob that can be seen in the background (yellow arrow).

Anyway, this is scenario ONE and the positioning of the room contents pretty much agrees with Simon D. Wood's analysis in diagram 4 (by accident NOT design) (see below).

So, The image below is a .gif of MJK3 with my scenario scene superimposed.

Here's the diagram:

and this is the arial view of the room in scenario ONE:

and here's diagram 4 from Simon Wood's dissertation :

notes:

1) I'm still not convinced that is the left knee in MJK3

2) The red arrow showing the 'light reflection, I don't think it is light reflection in MJK3, I think it's a light strip of material actually on the small table top. The 'light reflection' was a sort of 'happy coincidence' noted when rendering the 3D so I left it in.

3) MJK's legs had to be moved substantially to get them from the MJK2 position into the position of scenario ONE. BUT I really think that when the bed was moved her right leg flopped down toward the mattress because it was no longer being propped up by the pile of bed clothes seen in MJK2. When her right leg flopped down it is possible that her left leg came UP a bit off the mattress.

4) I think the 'bolster' on the small table is the bed clothing (seen next to right leg in MJK2) placed there when they moved the bed.
    I think the camera was placed on the BIG table.

5) I think the open doorway was covered by a sheet (see scenario TWO (when I've posted it!)).

6) The headboard was detatched from the bed frame hence why it looks to be leaning against the wall in MJK2

I'll let you mull this over and I'll get to work on scenario TWO.

thanks
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

G'day Richard

I think you're dead right on points 1 and 2.

I am not yet persuaded about 3, the door being open.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I'm not sure why you are so interested in how this photo was taken. It is quite clear to me that this particular photo is a mock up, a fake. Whatever or whoever this is, is not Mary Jane Kelly. I am surprised to see this photo on so many sites. On the day Mary's body was found, only one photo was taken of her, and that was through the window, I believe....

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
        I'm not sure why you are so interested in how this photo was taken. It is quite clear to me that this particular photo is a mock up, a fake. Whatever or whoever this is, is not Mary Jane Kelly. I am surprised to see this photo on so many sites. On the day Mary's body was found, only one photo was taken of her, and that was through the window, I believe....
        I don't know where you get the impression that only one photo was taken on the day but it is wrong it is clear from both the press reports and the markings on the glass plates that a number of photos were taken, probably a minimum of 6.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Just to clarify.

We know of at least three photographs that were taken at Miller Court. One exterior and two interior. There are no surviving glass plates just a couple of original prints of the interior.
          The negative of the exterior photograph was found by Donald Rumbelow in the 1960s and all copies we see of that photograph is taken from that negative which is unfortunately now missing.

Rob

Comment

Yes, I know one was taken of the dwelling and Macnaughton, is his own report, only mentioned one photo taken of MJK, which subsequently went missing. I also read somewhere that the photo was taken through the opened window.

I am starting a new thread on this tomorrow, because I do believe that the photo, supposedly taken across the bed towards the table, is not genuine, but a mock up, a hoax, designed to deceive.

Comment

These are really well done, definitely some food for thought.

Comment

Working...
              X