No announcement yet.

Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if Mary had been in bed asleep what would prevent her from being awakened and admitting someone who knocked on her door?

And as it has been pointed out, unless her neighbors were on a stake out of her apartment, this could easily have gone unheard.

c.d.

Comment

"I'll come down and let you in" cried the fair young maiden.

Hello CD.

"Even if Mary had been in bed asleep what would prevent her from being awakened and admitting someone who knocked on her door?"

Although this thread has little to excite me, your post does bring up the following question.

If "MJK" had risen to admit someone, why did she go back to bed?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello CD.

"Even if Mary had been in bed asleep what would prevent her from being awakened and admitting someone who knocked on her door?"

Although this thread has little to excite me, your post does bring up the following question.

Cheers.
        LC
        Hello Lynn.

I believe it was because the person she admitted was both a client and her killer. I will leave it to you to figure out how the bed comes into it.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello CD.

Cheers.
          LC
          What makes you think she went back to bed?

When I read the report it doesn't state exactly where the pool of blood was, it just says on the right hand side.

Now what if, for some reason, Kelly was near the foot of the bed, and the blood was splattered over the right hand side in that area. The body had obviously been moved and posed

Also, wouldn't the neighbours have heard someone knocking on the door? Unless this meeting was arranged and Kelly was expecting a visitor
          Last edited by Natasha; 07-12-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
            I definitely believe that Eddowes and Kelly are closely linked

I don't think Liz Stride was a JTR vic'

As for Chapman and Nichols well I'm not completely sure at the mo, will need to re read the details about their demise
            Hi,
            If you feel Eddowes was a JTR victim, then surely you would have to feel the same about Chapmen and then Nichols as both are more simular to each other than Kelly.
            I do believe Kelly to be a victim, and that Eddowes murder was connected. I like the theory of Eddowes wss a case of mistaken Identity, and was killed by mistake.
            As for Stride...the verdict is still out, so going (at moment) for 4 out of 5.

Comment

Hello Natasha,

Well the body was found in the bed and if she were entertaining a customer the bed would seem the obvious choice to conduct activities.

I don't think the knocking at the door would have been noted if residents were asleep and even if they weren't it simply might not have registered with them. And if we assume that her fellow apartment dwellers kept track of all her comings and goings and whether she was or was not in her room then we have to come up with a reason for them doing so.

I believe that this meeting was arranged. I think she met someone earlier that day or that week. I think he might have spent money on her (i.e., drinks) and that they made a specific appointment for that evening or she simply told him to come by sometime.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                Hi,
                If you feel Eddowes was a JTR victim, then surely you would have to feel the same about Chapmen and then Nichols as both are more simular to each other than Kelly.
                I do believe Kelly to be a victim, and that Eddowes murder was connected. I like the theory of Eddowes wss a case of mistaken Identity, and was killed by mistake.
                As for Stride...the verdict is still out, so going (at moment) for 4 out of 5.
                Hi Spyglass

I like that idea too.
                Yes it could be conceivable that Eddowes was a case of mistaken identity, which would strengthen my theory that Kelly's murder was staged maybe because she was an important informant and her safety may have been in jeopardy.

I think Liz's murder was not apart of this. People suggest that the killer was 'interrupted', but something tells me that he could have completed his intended task.
                I'm not too sure where Chapman and Nichols fit, will need to research more about how they fit
                Last edited by Natasha; 07-12-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                  Hello Natasha,

Well the body was found in the bed and if she were entertaining a customer the bed would seem the obvious choice to conduct activities.

I don't think the knocking at the door would have been noted if residents were asleep and even if they weren't it simply might not have registered with them. And if we assume that her fellow apartment dwellers kept track of all her comings and goings and whether she was or was not in her room then we have to come up with a reason for them doing so.

c.d.
                  Hi C.D

I take that as a reason

Do you think there was possibly another way of getting into the room? Maybe through the window or something, that would explain the missing key thing. Maybe when the key was lost, the door was locked at the time

Comment

Hello Natasha,

I have never liked the theory of somebody reaching through the window and opening the door. Even if someone appeared to be sleeping there is always the possibility that they could wake up and scream. Much better to be invited in.

c.d.

Comment

Hello Natasha,

I have never liked the theory of somebody reaching through the window and opening the door. Even if someone appeared to be sleeping there is always the possibility that they could wake up and scream. Much better to be invited in.

c.d.
                      Hi C.D

Maybe there was another entrance to the room, it would explain why a witness heard a 'door' closing, but didn't hear it being open (or should that be the other way round can't remember exactly)

Maybe the killer insisted using this other entrance (maybe even with Kelly's permission) to avoid being seen/heard by the neighbours, I'm not really sure, what do you think?

Comment

I've never head of any other entrance into the room.

c.d.

Comment

c.d.

It's only a suggestion, I'm just speculating

Comment

c.d.
                            My memory may be playing tricks on my old head, But im sure I read somewhere that the room was at one time bigger and made into two with a false wall.
                            However if true I think any conclusions from this will be stretching the realms of fantasy.

Comment

client

Hello CD. Thanks.

"I believe it was because the person she admitted was both a client and her killer. I will leave it to you to figure out how the bed comes into it."

So, "MJK" was woken from a deep sleep for this? She opens the door after, "Yes, ducky?" "Let me in. Here for a quickie." "Right, just a second."

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

bed

Hello Natasha. Thanks.

"What makes you think she went back to bed?"

That is where she was found. And the forensic evidence indicates she had her throat cut there.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X