Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello (again) CD. Thanks.

"Wouldn't the broken window have made the room fairly cold? And it was a damp night as well was it not?"

Are we CERTAIN she died at night?

Cheers.
    LC
    Well I'm not.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi Lynn and Gut,

Well, I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        Her attire speaks to me that she was sufficiently undressed to entertain a client, that is all. She was not caught asleep, the night was too cold to sleep in only a chemise, and she was not undressed by her killer.
        Furthermore, her bed-blanket was neatly rolled up alongside the bed, so it's possible that she hadn't been "properly" to bed all evening.
        She undressed herself.
        Agreed, and - if I'm right - her killer struck before she'd been able to remove her right stocking.
        She was entertaining her killer.
        I get the same impression, Jon.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Hi,
          I have to agree with the right stocking argument , that is of course if the bedroll, had a stocking draped over it.like it looks..?
          And I most certainly believe the murder happened in the morning, as the killer lacked the opportunity during the night hours, owing to her pick up with Mr A.
          Regards Richard.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
            And I most certainly believe the murder happened in the morning, as the killer lacked the opportunity during the night hours, owing to her pick up with Mr A.
            Ahem! Cough! Cough! What you meant to say, of course, was:

"I believe the murder happened in the morning.... because the medical evidence points to an early-morning death."

Let's keep suspects out of this (especially controversial ones!), and stick as far as possible to what facts we have.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• I don't think we should assume the medical evidence was definitive. I'm not a subscriber to a late morning death but, it is odd that two (three?) people claim to have seen her out and about.
              One can be mistaken identity, but two?

I think most of us largely ignore this, but how impossible would it be?
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I don't think we should assume the medical evidence was definitive. I'm not a subscriber to a late morning death but, it is odd that two (three?) people claim to have seen her out and about.
                One can be mistaken identity, but two?

I think most of us largely ignore this, but how impossible would it be?
                G'day Jon

Maxwell and Maurice? Lewis, but three? Who else have I overlooked. I do agree though that one could be a mistake but two independent people?
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  G'day Jon

Maxwell and Maurice? Lewis, but three? Who else have I overlooked. I do agree though that one could be a mistake but two independent people?
                  Hi GUT.

I seem to recall someone else seeing her in the Britannia, or was it Lewis who saw her a second time?
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• G'day Jon

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    Hi GUT.

I seem to recall someone else seeing her in the Britannia, or was it Lewis who saw her a second time?
                    Pretty sure it was Lewis.

I seem, though, to recall someone giving her milk was that Lewis too.
                    G U T

Comment

• True, M. Lewis saw her twice, once at eight, when she returned with some milk, and once at nine.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

True, M. Lewis saw her twice, once at eight, when she returned with some milk, and once at nine.
                        http://www.casebook.org/press_report.../18881110.html
                        Thank you I couldn't recall who saw her with the milk Lewis or Maxwell and I couldn't find it. So three sightings by two people.
                        G U T

Comment

True, M. Lewis saw her twice, once at eight, when she returned with some milk, and once at nine.
                          http://www.casebook.org/press_report.../18881110.html
                          Not a terribly reliable report though is it? Chock full of errors that one!
                          G U T

Comment

• Nov. 10th articles are not wholly reliable.
                            Are you thinking of Mrs Maxwell, and her trip to buy milk for her husbands breakfast?

"When asked by the police how she could fix the time of the morning, Mrs. Maxwell replied, "Because I went to the milkshop for some milk, and I had not before been there for a long time, and that she was wearing a woollen cross-over that I had not seen her wear for a considerable time".

Ah, here is the third person witness...(same link above)
                            "Another young woman, whose name is known, has also informed the police that she is positive she saw Kelly between half-past 8 and a quarter to 9 on Friday morning."

I felt sure there were three cases...
                            Last edited by Wickerman; 07-19-2014, 06:21 PM.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• G'day Jon

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              Nov. 10th articles are not wholly reliable.
                              Are you thinking of Mrs Maxwell, and her trip to buy milk for her husbands breakfast?
                              http://www.casebook.org/press_report.../18881112.html
                              No I was thinking of Lewis who said he saw her getting milk and again in the pub.

"When asked by the police how she could fix the time of the morning, Mrs. Maxwell replied, "Because I went to the milkshop for some milk, and I had not before been there for a long time, and that she was wearing a woollen cross-over that I had not seen her wear for a considerable time".
                              I wonder if she went for milk every day, given that many say she simply had the wrong day, guess we'll never know.

Ah, here is the third person witness...(same link above)
                              "Another young woman, whose name is known, has also informed the police that she is positive she saw Kelly between half-past 8 and a quarter to 9 on Friday morning."

I felt sure there were three cases...
                              I'd never seen that part before so we have three people reporting seeing her four times. To me it's hard not to consider the possibility, I do wonder why Lewis and the young woman weren't called at the inquest.
                              Last edited by GUT; 07-19-2014, 06:27 PM.
                              G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                                I wonder if she went for milk every day, given that many say she simply had the wrong day, guess we'll never know.
                                Not sure what you mean GUT,

Lets read that again...
                                ""When asked by the police how she could fix the time of the morning, Mrs. Maxwell replied, "Because I went to the milkshop for some milk, and I had not before been there for a long time, and that she was wearing a woollen cross-over that I had not seen her wear for a considerable time".

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X